GX460 / Prado150 pic thread (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Congrats! :cheers: If this is your first GX, you will love your road trips with this little beauty. And if you're inclined to hit the dirt, you'll be very impressed with it's off road chops!
Got a wish list yet for it?
If you do plan on a build, start a build thread to journal your adventures in depleting your bank account of your build.

Congrats! :cheers: If this is your first GX, you will love your road trips with this little beauty. And if you're inclined to hit the dirt, you'll be very impressed with it's off road chops!
Got a wish list yet for it?
If you do plan on a build, start a build thread to journal your adventures in depleting your bank account of your build.

Thanks, it’s my first GX/first real off-road vehicle. I have a Ironman bumper, Metal Tech sliders, tires, and a lift kit on the way. I’ll start a thread when I start wrenching! Living in Utah I realized I was missing out on some unique opportunities due to owning a AWD suv-car bastard child.

My new to me 2012 with 79k miles still sitting on the dealer lot! I'm supposed to pick her up today or tomorrow. Getting this truck just in time for some fun Fall-season camping and light offroad excursions

tgx.jpg

Looks like it's as dry as popcorn fart there too.........

Rack mfg ??

I really like the 10-13 GX series......

But that's why I have an '11.....:)
I’m partial to the 10-13 years too. The whole state is in a drought, just like the rest of the West.

the rack is a Kuat basket that also has mounts to carry 2 bikes. It is great for camping gear or kids bikes. The cargo basket is on the factory cross bars so I watch how much weight I have up there.

Had to work in Wyoming and took a longer way back home afterwards through some roads/trails that I had never been through previously. In spite of the smoke from the fires, the weather and scenery was still nice overall.
My work is going to have me off road a little more this winter, so I got the 3PMSF Wildpeaks (275/70/18) E-rated tires a few weeks ago and they perform very well on road and this first time taking them off road was great.
Although I actually liked the stock running boards for what they were, the RCI sliders definitely look good (see pics) and the quality is as excellent as their skids/armor.👍

GX front-side.jpg

GX back-side.jpg

Well... Your rig is looking very capable for an outdoor office!

Well... Your rig is looking very capable for an outdoor office!

Thanks, Richard! It's getting there and a good match for the mobile office Panasonic Toughbook I was provided, which has been bounced around a little, lol.
Some of the folks I work with (driving built Jeeps, Raptors, Range Rovers, etc. for their "outdoor office") are totally impressed and surprised by the GX's off road capabilities and prowess while still maintaining on road manners/comfort...a few to the point of looking for a GX as their daily driver and work combo vehicle. :steer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom