GX460 Control Arm Q (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This marks my VERY FIRST started thread in 150 area! Sold my Prado last week and it is time to build the Lexus...so here is my question:
Has anybody used the Freedom A-Arm while fitting 285/75/17s? I will be doing a BMC and installing Dobinson 3” front and 2” rear. Local guy that I trust says only SPC arms will allow that tire size to clear. I have heard others say that the Freedom arms have enough caster built in to them to clear that tire. Anybody have first hand experience?
Thanks!

If you go to my build thread (Builds - R2M 2013 GX460 Overland Build post #4) I'm running all 3" lift with all Icon suspension and upper control arms. I have no problem running BFG LT285/75/17 (33.8" dia) KM2 MT's.
NOTE: you will need to trim your body mounts or have it done. I also had to trim a little of the plastic inner wheel well but that's minor. I've done quite a bit of off roading with that set up in the past (almost) 2 years and no rubbing. ;)

If you go to my build thread (Builds - R2M 2013 GX460 Overland Build post #4) I'm running all 3" lift with all Icon suspension and upper control arms. I have no problem running BFG LT285/75/17 (33.8" dia) KM2 MT's.
NOTE: you will need to trim your body mounts or have it done. I also had to trim a little of the plastic inner wheel well but that's minor. I've done quite a bit of off roading with that set up in the past (almost) 2 years and no rubbing. ;)

thank you so much for your feedback! Just trying to save a couple of bucks and get feedback that the Freedom UCAs will be adequate for my needs, then I have another trusted local guy saying that I won’t clear those tires by being able to push them forward enough, unless I get the adjustable SPCs.
(I know that I will have to BMC, and persuade some plastic)

Total Chaos will work just fine as well.

you are clearing the same size tires with a 3” lift?
Then my take away from this is that the freedoms, although not adjustable, will also clear those tires
👍

What wheel width and offset?

The SPC allow you to use the factory adjustment cams to push the lower ball joint forward just a tad for extra clearance in the rear of the wheel well and then use the upper arm for alignment.

Yeah, I know that the SPC‘s work, my question was whether I could save a buck on some of the other brands. However, that question is now moot, after finding SPC‘s on Amazon last night for $419!! 😁
Thanks a bunch for chiming in guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom