GX460 Bike Rack Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2011 GX and I am looking for a solid hitch bike rack option. I currently have a Rocky Mounts Backstage and I love it with the swing out option. However, the rack sits a little too high so I have to swing the rack out even if it is empty just to open the rear door of the GX. Anyone aware of a rack/system that works well with their GX?

I have a 2011 GX and I am looking for a solid hitch bike rack option. I currently have a Rocky Mounts Backstage and I love it with the swing out option. However, the rack sits a little too high so I have to swing the rack out even if it is empty just to open the rear door of the GX. Anyone aware of a rack/system that works well with their GX?
I've actually been looking at the Thule and Yakima 'swing' bike racks and they look like they sit lower, at the same level of the hitch. I haven't installed one yet to confirm though. The Kuat Pivot also looks to sit lower however is just the arm, you would have to attach an actual bike rack to it.

I have the 1up super duty rack and love it. No movement at all. I should get the Rackattach swing arm today.

Edit: I got it and added the pics to my thread.

Last edited:
I’ll be going to loloracks.com when the time comes.
Running a roof rack now and it’s way too tall even being a bit over 6 feet tall

We have an older Yakima 4 bike swing rack. It work very well.

I just picked up a new 1up Superduty single tray for the truck after having a very old 1st generation one up that is probably close to 15 years old. The old one was still running strong but I finally got a new bike and it just didn't accommodate the wheelbase anymore. The single tray fits very well and allows you to open the rear hatch without lowering. As others have said it is rock solid, definitely more solid than the 1st generation rack. With the rack folded down the back is readily accessible but obviously it won't allow for the door to open fully. I like the idea of the swing away but don't think it is necessary unless you need to open the door all the way.

IMG_7900.JPG

IMG_7901.JPG

IMG_7902.JPG

IMG_7903.JPG

IMG_7906.JPG

And a couple more pics

IMG_7908.JPG

IMG_7912.JPG

IMG_7913.JPG

Reactions: r2m
We have the 1-Up Equip D single tray on the GX and a double tray model on our Flex and have a couple extra trays we can bolt on as needed. It works great and we leave it on the GX all the time except for when we off-road and swap it with a Factor 55 recovery point instead. The single tray 1-up above looks even more compact than our model but I'm not sure if you can leave it folded towards the bumper while driving as it doesn't look locked in place in that configuration.

1-Up or Kuat would get my vote but there are some other great options out there as well. There's a pretty extensive thread on this over in the 200 forum at the moment, I'd pop in over there and look around.

Check out iSi from Australia if you do any kind of moderate to difficult offroading, or if you plan to carry a spare mounted on the back. The carrier can be configured to account for the space the spare takes up

A7CD3512-FA88-471F-B946-C85658EEE424.jpeg

We have the 1-Up Equip D single tray on the GX and a double tray model on our Flex and have a couple extra trays we can bolt on as needed. It works great and we leave it on the GX all the time except for when we off-road and swap it with a Factor 55 recovery point instead. The single tray 1-up above looks even more compact than our model but I'm not sure if you can leave it folded towards the bumper while driving as it doesn't look locked in place in that configuration.
You are correct that it doesn't lock in place in that position. It is pretty solid there however and won't move any further forward. Now I did just get the rack so I haven't driven extensively with it there yet but I don't think it will have an issue. I almost got the Equip D. Will the barn door open with it in the raised position?

I think the answer to the bike rack depends on what you need. How many bikes do you intend to carry? Do you need to open the rear door? Are you planning on carrying a spare on the rear? Are you going to be doing any kind of offroading? The 1up seems to have been the answer for a long time. Now I think you can also take a look at QuirStuff which seems like a better 1up or the Alpha rack of you planning on a lot of bikes and offroading. The rigd tire carrier and swing can also be coupled with any. Good luck and post some pictures once you have it

I’ve always been a fan of Kuat or 1UP, but the NRS will probably be my next one. If you carry more than two bikes, the vertical arrangement means you don’t stick them so far out behind the vehicle.

At the moment, only suitable for mountain bikes but they are promising a road version soon.

You are correct that it doesn't lock in place in that position. It is pretty solid there however and won't move any further forward. Now I did just get the rack so I haven't driven extensively with it there yet but I don't think it will have an issue. I almost got the Equip D. Will the barn door open with it in the raised position?
The door won’t open when the Equip-D single is in the up position. I often just leave it down. I fit easily between the tray and bumper when it’s down with a bit of a shuffle so around our little town I rarely put it up.

I went with a Kuat NV. Very easy to use and functional on a GX. It starts to stick out far once you get four bike holders so I 've been considering Velocirax next. It's a vertical holder with up to a seven bike capacity. I would've bought one by now by I don't like the red color as the only option. They need to come out with an all black option before I buy.

IMG_0893.jpg

velo.jpg

0B93BC53-C0AC-49CE-A264-35A87DD8F837.jpeg

VelociRax 6 bike vertical has been impressive so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom