GX without Nav reverse trigger wire for aftermarket backup camera.... Found it (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I installed a backup camera in my 05 no nav GX today and I needed to find the reverse trigger wire to give signal to the head unit when I put it in reverse. After searching the internet for a good while with no luck, I got out the volt meter and went to work. It was pretty tedious, but I found it. Behind the kick panel on the drives side, there is a white plug that goes into the blue with a 10mm bolt on the end. In that plug, it is the thicker red wire with the black stripe, second from the top, on the outside. Just tap into that for your reverse signal.
IMG_4045.JPG
IMG_4044.JPG

Just in case anyone ever needs it, there it is.

Just going to bump this to ask if anyone knows if it's the same wire for a 2003 with NAV. Thinking about putting in a backup camera.

Just going to bump this to ask if anyone knows if it's the same wire for a 2003 with NAV. Thinking about putting in a backup camera.

Just tap at the taillight assembly, the reverse wire powers the camera so you'll be needing it back there anyway. When you run the RCA video feed, piggyback that wire to your stereo for its camera trigger.

Just tap at the taillight assembly, the reverse wire powers the camera so you'll be needing it back there anyway. When you run the RCA video feed, piggyback that wire to your stereo for its camera trigger.
The question is which wire activates the video feed when putting it into reverse. I was trying to confirm if the red wire with the black stripe is the same to tap in the nav, because this post specifically mentions the non-nav.

I re-read your post and I think I'm confused. I now get that you were saying to power the camera from the taillight assembly, but then how do you connect the rca to trigger the video feed when you put it into reverse just by connecting to the stereo? Doesn't the RCA have to go to the stereo unit anyway to show the video feed? Thanks for your help.

If you're trying to tap a camera into the factory NAV screen I believe you're outta luck. I didn't know the '03s came with NAV but no camera. The aftermarket camera will feed video signal any time it's powered, so if you power it off the reverse lights, it'll always feed video in Reverse. I'd look into a rearview mirror with video screen built in and route my camera signal there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom