GX suspension on 3rd gen? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 98 4Runner is begging for a project. I have a GX 460 stock suspension with the stock UCAs from my last project. I was wondering if anyone has ever put it on a 3rd gen. Thanks.

The 460 suspension is the same as a 4th/5th gen 4runner/05+ tacoma/FJ Cruiser... not 3rd. So UCAs wouldn't work, looking at pictures of them the ball joint is more centered on 3rd gens vs. 4th gen.

The rear shocks from the 460 would work as extended ones and the rear springs might lift it some if they aren't the air suspension versions. Supposedly the front struts "could" work if the top plate is switched around but the 460 ones will be 3+ inches longer which is too much.

The 460 suspension is the same as a 4th/5th gen 4runner/05+ tacoma/FJ Cruiser... not 3rd. So UCAs wouldn't work, looking at pictures of them the ball joint is more centered on 3rd gens vs. 4th gen.

The rear shocks from the 460 would work as extended ones and the rear springs might lift it some if they aren't the air suspension versions. Supposedly the front struts "could" work if the top plate is switched around but the 460 ones will be 3+ inches longer which is too much.
Thank you… I suppose I’ll be selling the suspension then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom