GX 470 Squeaking Diagnosis (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
recently purchased a 2003 Lexus GX 470.

I have the sunroof rattle that I am going to take to a toyota dealership to "adjust" at some point. I also have this squeaking noise that is coming from the rear of the vehicle. Can anyone tell me what this is? Any guesses will help! Short youtube video with the noise is here

Still running stock suspension I did lube all doors and sprayed some garage door lubricant on all the back seat areas that contact metal. I also removed the tool kit in the back along with the third-row seats.

Those little noises are always the best.

Have you pulled that panel off yet? Might be time for some hardcore process of elimination.

Also, are you able to mount a camera to the underside of your car? it could be something like a sway bar mounting bushing or even your spare tire not fully tight under there.

My similar squeak disappeared when I removed the spare tire.

Removed spare tire and front sway bar bushings still not able to find out what this squeaky noise is. When the car runs through a car wash or rains the squeak goes away. Also shot silicon lube on most of the undercarriage to no effect.

Update on what this noise was in case anyone gets the same problem

Took to lexus and found that the bracket for the right rear shock was hitting the suspension arm on top.

recently purchased a 2003 Lexus GX 470.

I have the sunroof rattle that I am going to take to a toyota dealership to "adjust" at some point. I also have this squeaking noise that is coming from the rear of the vehicle. Can anyone tell me what this is? Any guesses will help! Short youtube video with the noise is here

Still running stock suspension I did lube all doors and sprayed some garage door lubricant on all the back seat areas that contact metal. I also removed the tool kit in the back along with the third-row seats.

I have the same exact issue and I've spent over 15 hours total removing things and adjusting things with no luck. I'm hoping you have found an answer? Pretty please and thank you.

Update on what this noise was in case anyone gets the same problem

Took to lexus and found that the bracket for the right rear shock was hitting the suspension arm on top.
I'm not understanding the fix? Do you have a the exact notes from the Lexus tech please and thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom