Guys I need Shocks recommendation. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello friends, I have a 2002 Land Cruiser, High mileage. I think it still have original shocks, whenever I go over a speed bump I can feel the body rolling and does not feel stiff.

I am going to do a lift in the next 4 months, but for now can some one recommend a decent brand of shocks as factory replacements.

What are your thoughts on Napa parts?

Thanks guys !

I would wait those 4 months but if you can't wait, Napa will be fine.

Comparing apples to oranges, I bought NAPA calipers for the rear or my 98. They were awesomely rebuilt and powder coated(or whatever). I’d say their quality control is pretty consistent through all their parts. Just my 2 cents.

Hello friends, I have a 2002 Land Cruiser, High mileage. I think it still have original shocks, whenever I go over a speed bump I can feel the body rolling and does not feel stiff.

I am going to do a lift in the next 4 months, but for now can some one recommend a decent brand of shocks as factory replacements.

Thanks guys !
Factory’s are tokico from Japan 40$ each but they’re soft even new so if you’re gonna lift don’t buy twice. Sources of Body roll are worn sway bushings and old springs. Spend the money once because what you hold off in parts will cost you in double labor.

Ironman, toughdog and ome will all work and run 110-160$, medium rear springs that don’t put You up more the. 2.5” unloaded and then crank factory torsion bars

I'm looking at shock replacement soon too. Mine is all stock, though. I was looking at KYB and Gabriel. KYB are Japanese, but not sure that makes a difference. My local shop quoted me $650 with the KYB's a few months ago.

If you're doing it yourself, Rockauto has good prices and you get all the washers and bushings in the package.

Thanks guys !
When the time comes what is your plan for a lift?

Buy oem if you keep stock height. The ride is awesome and each was about $35 at Camelback toyota with free shipping over $150.
Installation is super easy. Spray wd40 on all nuts and bolts a day or two prior.

Please correct if I’m wrong but don’t guys run the facotorys in lifted application?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom