Gubs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Black gubs, 1911's, shotgubs, rifles, CCW's and the like. Go.

I love my Glock 32 .357 SIG. Packs a nasty blow. Ammo is kinda steep but I can swap barrels and mags with a 9mm and .40 if I wish.

My Ruger .380 LCP is almost always in my pocket. Same size as a .22 or .25 pee shooter but has the potential to possibly stop something.

My Ruger P90DC .45 is the best $200 I've ever spent. Bought it in college and it has never misfed. It doesn't win any style points but I like it.

My hunting gubs are pretty pedestrian as well.

Remington 700 30-06. The original 7.62..
Remington 870 Super Mag. I keeps it loaded with 3.5 turkey load to try and keeps 'em honest. No luck on that so far.

I want to build a black gub soon. Maybe in the .308 caliber for hogs.

Whatcha got?...that you're willing to talk about:)

I want to build a black gub soon. Maybe in the .308 caliber for hogs.

Whatcha got?...that you're willing to talk about:)

If you opt against building something...I bought a Marlin 1895G .45-70 several years ago, for backpacking in Alaska. It's basically a little cannon. With special loads it'll stop anything in it's tracks including a grizzley, which is the reason I bought it. Big ole feral hogs are child's play for a 400-500 grain .45-70 round. The Land Cruiser of carbines, IMO.

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/firearms/bigbore/1895g.asp

YouTube - ‪45/70 Marlin Guide Gun 1895G‬‏

If you opt against building something...I bought a Marlin 1895G .45-70 several years ago, for backpacking in Alaska. It's basically a little cannon. With special loads it'll stop anything in it's tracks including a grizzley, which is the reason I bought it. Big ole feral hogs are child's play for a 400-500 grain .45-70 round. The Land Cruiser of carbines, IMO.

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/firearms/bigbore/1895g.asp

YouTube - ‪45/70 Marlin Guide Gun 1895G‬‏

Yeah, and the cool thing about the 45-70 is that it can be used as a primitive weapon in MS. Not sure about the lever action version though.

Oh Lordy...where do I begin...or what can I actually talk about?

Let's see probably my favorite AR is my Noveske Mark 18 Mod 0; I am running an EoTech on it and a Surefire can, it punches pennies at a 100 yards. I also love my LWRCI REPR, probably the best 7.62 AR that I own shoots pennies out to 400 yards. I just ordered an LMT308MWS, which should be nice...we will see how it compares, I am hoping to make that my 400 - 600 yard gun.

Outside of 600 yards I switch to my GA Precision bolt gun...it's accurate at 1,000 yards plus. I also just ordered the new Kestrel with the Horus ATRag built in, so that should improve my accuracy beyond 1,000 yards.

For pistols, I am a 1911 fan...I love my Kimbers, Wilson's, Springfields, and Colts. Just for good measure I also own a Glock 9mm and a H&K USP Compact .45.

If anyone wants to shoot, I shoot with the Ronin Combat Strategies guys. They are in the process of building a range in the Memphis "area". The training they provide is phenomenal.

I'm shooting a Steel Challenge match tomorrow at MSSA at 10:00am if anyone wants to come out.

- Mark

Well, I have my pistol that I use to fight my way to my flame thrower, that I use to fight my way to my grenade launcher. But, I'm usually just hanging out in my tank, so those other weapons rarely see any action.

If the shift hits the fan, I drive the tank over to Mark's compound.

Oh Lordy...where do I begin...or what can I actually talk about?

Let's see probably my favorite AR is my Noveske Mark 18 Mod 0; I am running an EoTech on it and a Surefire can, it punches pennies at a 100 yards. I also love my LWRCI REPR, probably the best 7.62 AR that I own shoots pennies out to 400 yards. I just ordered an LMT308MWS, which should be nice...we will see how it compares, I am hoping to make that my 400 - 600 yard gun.

Outside of 600 yards I switch to my GA Precision bolt gun...it's accurate at 1,000 yards plus. I also just ordered the new Kestrel with the Horus ATRag built in, so that should improve my accuracy beyond 1,000 yards.

For pistols, I am a 1911 fan...I love my Kimbers, Wilson's, Springfields, and Colts. Just for good measure I also own a Glock 9mm and a H&K USP Compact .45.

If anyone wants to shoot, I shoot with the Ronin Combat Strategies guys. They are in the process of building a range in the Memphis "area". The training they provide is phenomenal.

I'm shooting a Steel Challenge match tomorrow at MSSA at 10:00am if anyone wants to come out.

- Mark

Tell us about your food and non hybrid seed storage while you're at it.

My only pistol is a .38 special that my dad found on I-20/I-55 junction in Jackson. He crossed three lanes of traffic to get it.

Yeah, and the cool thing about the 45-70 is that it can be used as a primitive weapon in MS. Not sure about the lever action version though.

I know nothing about Mississippi firearm laws or how they define a primitive weapon. Is it classified as primitive because that cartridge has been around since the mid 1800's?

Buffalo Bore and Garrett make some remarkably powerful .45-70 +P big game loads. We took Garrett Hammerheads on our Alaskan trips. Fortunately never had to fire a round.

4570phh.jpg

Garrett Cartridges Inc.

Is it classified as primitive because that cartridge has been around since the mid 1800's?

That's at least part of it. For some reason I was thinking the round had to be shot from a non repating rifle but I may be wrong on that.

I am not that knowledgable about guns. Is single shot and non-repeating different?

i'm not sure. i have no desire to kill deer anymore, but a guy i hunt birds with told me that it had to be a single shot. i do not know if "repeating" would include lever and bolt action guns or not.

I knew a good gub thread would scare TCB out of the high brush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom