GSMTR planning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are ya bringing the shirtless wonder with ya?

No. He's working on his 62. Tryed to talk him into it.

LIFE • HEALTH • PROSPERITY

See you on the next ride Butch.

LIFE • HEALTH • PROSPERITY

Have fun, win big in the raffle, have a few beers for me and send lots of pics!

I got my trail spare birfs cleaned and minimally greased (knock on wood) and my MT sliders mostly bolted on. Unfortunately I couldn't get all the frame bolts cinched down on the front passenger side and apparently you need to move the brake lines out of the way on 2 of the 3 U-bolts. I did get the front and rear U-bolts on though. Hopefully they hold up.

I got my trail spare birfs cleaned and minimally greased (knock on wood) and my MT sliders mostly bolted on. Unfortunately I couldn't get all the frame bolts cinched down on the front passenger side and apparently you need to move the brake lines out of the way on 2 of the 3 U-bolts. I did get the front and rear U-bolts on though. Hopefully they hold up.

We'll get 'em cinched down Thursday AM. It's pretty easy to move the brake lines, you just undo the brake line retainers and slide the u-bolt down the frame into position. If worse comes to worse, we can use a longer bolt and nut/washers to space the brake line away from the frame.

I would advise that you make every effort to get all the bolts on good. I have the metal tech sliders welded to the frame and have used them a bunch. They have some flex and these are burned in pretty good. It would be a shame for your slider to cause body damage when they are there to prevent it!

Finally got the cb installed tonight! Still have to tune the antenna, but it is working.

76FJ40 said:
Have fun, win big in the raffle, have a few beers for me and send lots of pics!

Times eleventy billion.

If you guys run into any issues between Harrisonburg to Roanoke, just give me a call. 540. 478. Four seven four seven.

I would advise that you make every effort to get all the bolts on good. I have the metal tech sliders welded to the frame and have used them a bunch. They have some flex and these are burned in pretty good. It would be a shame for your slider to cause body damage when they are there to prevent it!

Definitely. Does anyone have a metric tap set, specifically an M8 1.25? I have a feeling the threads on the frame that the cat protection brace go in to are pretty gummed up. Of the 4, 1 bolt went all the way in, 2 I can only get in about half way (nervous about snapping these in there) and the 4th I can't even get started. But hey 1 class 10 bolt should hold it right!

BTW, for any other 80's going down, I picked up a 54 gallon Rubbermaid container at Home Depot for $23 and it fits perfectly between the anchor points in the back to strap it down. It's tight to the tailgate but does shut.

-Patrick

I'll add a tap set to my camp box.

Scratch the tap set on my accord. A little penatrent and shorter bolts did the trick. I'll still need some help with the 3rd U bolt and brake lines on the driver side though if there's time.

-Patrick

Between stump and me we should have enough tools to fix our breaks.
Cant fix it weld it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom