Group "Chinese parts" order. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a 5x10 trailer that you can use. If needed that i hope not, i have the big trailer but that one is heavy that why i say hope not

My only concern is that we order a bunch of parts from China and the quality is not very good. I've had both good and bad experiences with Chinese products from "knockoff" websites, and I can't find much information online about the Unity 4x4 shop. I know folks will say "everything comes from China" and "other manufacturers put a label on and sell if for $$$" but there are companies out there in the business of making low quality copies of high quality Chinese products.

My 2 cents.

I'm in for a Foxwing. Updated the order list. Let me know when we hit 10 and what to do.

Willing to order anything not on the list?
4x4 Car Freezer Uni80C4, View 4x4 Car Freezer, Unity Product Details from Guangzhou Unity 4WD Accessories Co., Limited on Alibaba.com

Price looked cheap as heck and I would order the minimum quantity of 5. If I understand their website that is.

I asked for a couple specific items that's why not everything is included. Any fridge/freezer will count towards the minimum 5. And I think there if already 2 people interested (included myself)

My only concern is that we order a bunch of parts from China and the quality is not very good. I've had both good and bad experiences with Chinese products from "knockoff" websites, and I can't find much information online about the Unity 4x4 shop. I know folks will say "everything comes from China" and "other manufacturers put a label on and sell if for $$$" but there are companies out there in the business of making low quality copies of high quality Chinese products.

My 2 cents.

At a 1/3 of the price I'm willing to gamble. If you have another recommendation for a manufacturer, let me know and I'll contact them.

@lt1fire said he saw this company at SEMA. So at least they have aUS presence

I asked for a couple specific items that's why not everything is included. Any fridge/freezer will count towards the minimum 5. And I think there if already 2 people interested (included myself)
If you could check on pricing for those. On my cell phone it shows a crazy stupid price but on my laptop it doesn't show a price at all.

Now I'm down for two foxwings instead of one.

And I'm chipping away at the wife for an rtt.

At a 1/3 of the price I'm willing to gamble. If you have another recommendation for a manufacturer, let me know and I'll contact them.

@lt1fire said he saw this company at SEMA. So at least they have aUS presence

I wouldn't exactly call being at SEMA a US presence. Many Chinese companies go there looking for a US company to sell through but come up with nothing. But even big box stores like 4wd parts will not touch a Chinese owned company, due to product quality, ease of replacement and high failure rate. The Chinese section at SEMA is pretty desolate, you know as soon as you are in it. It is true most parts we buy are made in China except for a few choice US, British, German or Australian parts. There is huge difference though between a Chinese owned company and a foreign owned company making things in China. QC doesn't exist and standards of manufacturing are low. Quite often products that get rejected for quality from US company's are then sold by a Japanese 3rd party company.

That said though you should be ok with simple things like tents. I would steer way clear of anything overly complex or electronic.

I'd be in in the order if I was still on the west coast. Their fox wing awning catches my eye. My only hope would they do wind test their product like Oz tent and it isn't simply going to bend and break in strong winds.

I found two users that purchased a Unity Foxwing Awning on the Australian GQ board.
From one buyer:
dont do it, i did and the bars where 3mm you would have torn the bar out.
we ordered about 5k worth of crap sold it all secondhand and gave the rest away.
just sayn been there done that, they still send me emails Celina was the rip off i dealt with.
and my partner in the purchase didnt even unwrap his just sold second hand.
Not trying to be a kill joy but believe me if you can get in and screw some of the retailers you will find it money well spent on bars, winches etc cause there quality control just isnt there.

The other user, Scottm79, purchased the awning and a bunch of other parts in Sept 2011. He had some problems with installation on his roof rack but overall was happy with his purchase until this happened in January 2013.
ve8y2e3a.jpg

In September 2014, Scottm79 responded to someone looking at a similar awning:
Looks like the china made one I have. I paid less that that 2 years ago and only broke the plastic bits in wind and my stupidity!!! Cost me $5 to repair. The way I see it is I can afford to replace this 7 times before the cost of a foxwing. Happy for you to look at mine.

Looks like we need 5 more peeps to order awnings. If it gets close I may order a third and try to re sell it on Craigslist or something.

Order two of them, a large air compressor and some actuators... Get the revs high enough and that sucker is airborne.

I'm really thinking hard about the awning. @tgadd did you get my email address?

6 awnings as of Friday the 15th. If we get 2 more folks to make it 8, I will order one. I am 50/50 on the awning but I would like to see some part of this order go through.

6 awnings as of Friday the 15th. If we get 2 more folks to make it 8, I will order one. I am 50/50 on the awning but I would like to see some part of this order go through.
I'll order one. I'm just waiting to get the Google doc emailed over to me this weekend! This is very cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom