Grind kit washer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know where this goes( the thin one on the right, I put the spark plug tube gasket in for size perspective)? It was in the grind kit and there were only 5

thanks for any info

A0C14120-8A1C-4A25-AF98-D54258DAEDA6.jpeg

It is A freeze plug gasket for the 5 freeze plugs between the spark plug tubes. I actually just talked to my machinist about them today who is brilliant with these engines, he has never had the need to replace them and says it would do more harm than good to undo the freeze plugs. Reason being is that those seals have never coming down from the factory and have corroded and bonded to each other, and that we get messed up if you broke that corrosion seal

Thanks so much. I’m glad that I didn’t know what they were or I would have given them to the machine shop when I had the head done.

It is A freeze plug gasket for the 5 freeze plugs between the spark plug tubes. I actually just talked to my machinist about them today who is brilliant with these engines, he has never had the need to replace them and says it would do more harm than good to undo the freeze plugs. Reason being is that those seals have never coming down from the factory and have corroded and bonded to each other, and that we get messed up if you broke that corrosion seal

Correct not to replace them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom