Greetings: 2019 Tundra SR5 TRD Crewmax (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Long time member. 40 forum junkie. Jumping over for some tech/mod/upgrade info.

Purchased the Tundra in 2019. Currently 55K on the ODO. I figured it was about time to start showing it some “love”. Had to replace the front calipers and rear rotors (pads all around) @ 50k. 🙄 I’ve owned YOTA vehicles for the past 20yrs and had never had a premature brake part(s) failure before.

Just added a set of Falken AT3 265-70 R18 on stock rims. Looking at a Wescott leveling kit (front). Bed Rail system sitting in a box waiting for an install. Last but not least, a set of Weather Tech front and rear mats.

Thinking of upgrading the interior. I had a 2104 FJC with the waterproof seats. Anything like that out there for the Tundra?

The truck has seen mostly hauling missions for the past four years, light hunting duty and as a daily driver. Probably going to keep it as such with an occasional light/med off road foray during hunting season with a ski trip or two in the winter.

Side steps?
Bed Rack?

F2EE369C-2373-483C-A752-16088A73BD72.jpeg

87CA393F-8AE5-417E-B54C-2CA5D8AE72D9.jpeg

3B41F55B-61B4-4B37-87E9-FAA11C5686CF.jpeg

84B13BE8-1E01-4CB1-A8A0-084728585561.jpeg

Cool rig! What are you towing? Were the rotors warped? This could be why your pads wore quickly.
I have a 2019 double cab, lifted, canopy, winch, and tow. Towed my Landcruiser home from the Oregon California border to my home in Washington. 40k now my brakes are doing well. I use the manual shift option for added compression braking. That might help you out.
As far as bed racks and sliders there are many companies that have options for the Gen 2.5 Tundra. I was planning on building my own slider/steps, but have not found the time. I may just pony up for a set to save time.
Check out Tundras.com too
Good luck

Cool rig! What are you towing? Were the rotors warped? This could be why your pads wore quickly.
I have a 2019 double cab, lifted, canopy, winch, and tow. Towed my Landcruiser home from the Oregon California border to my home in Washington. 40k now my brakes are doing well. I use the manual shift option for added compression braking. That might help you out.
As far as bed racks and sliders there are many companies that have options for the Gen 2.5 Tundra. I was planning on building my own slider/steps, but have not found the time. I may just pony up for a set to save time.
Check out Tundras.com too
Good luck
I lived in the mountains for the past couple (3) years. Only thing I can figure is “the altitude“ got to the rotors. I beat the (manual) shifter like a drum. Can’t figure the early giving up of the ghost.🤔

Im down in the lower latitudes now @about 900ft ASL So, maybe this will make a difference.
I‘ll check out your recommendation(s). Much obliged…😎

Last edited:
I have a ‘19 Crew Platinum. Waiting on pads and rotors for the front right now. My rotors were moderately warped when I got the truck from a Toyota dealer at 55k. I now have 70k on it, and the rotors are so bad that if I’m towing and come over a pass, I have to keep it under 25 mph on the downhills or it tries to shake me off the road. It’s downright scary. It’s a good thing I don’t build custom trailers for a living, or live in the mountains. Nice work Toyota! :slap: I pulled an ‘86 Ramchrger on 35s home over the neighborhood passes two weeks ago, and it was NOT fun.

I have Bilstein 5100s set at 2.75” in the front, with a 1.5” block in the rear and am running 35x12.50-18 Toyo ATs. It’s a beast of a truck. Everyone knocks the mileage, but it’s a V8 4x4 so what are they expecting?

Look at Wet Okole seat covers if you want waterproof. I’ve had them in one of my Tacomas and one of my Cummins 3500s. Phenomenal quality and fit is perfect. They make them custom so it takes a few weeks. The factory is in SoCal (Laguna Beach maybe?), which is great.

I use my Tundra for birds, deer, elk and moose hunting, so it gets a fair bit of bush time. White is right for me with all the branches pinstriping it regularly.

Photos below are mule deer hunting just up the road from my property, and one of my buddies posing with his latest old Chev 3/4 ton parts truck at the top of a big ass pass.

D59DC2BF-B303-4846-A6ED-654BD270CBBB.jpeg

9C255D08-126C-4CAE-AD43-9A7CEAD96B07.jpeg

I have a ‘19 Crew Platinum. Waiting on pads and rotors for the front right now. My rotors were moderately warped when I got the truck from a Toyota dealer at 55k. I now have 70k on it, and the rotors are so bad that if I’m towing and come over a pass, I have to keep it under 25 mph on the downhills or it tries to shake me off the road. It’s downright scary. It’s a good thing I don’t build custom trailers for a living, or live in the mountains. Nice work Toyota! :slap: I pulled an ‘86 Ramchrger on 35s home over the neighborhood passes two weeks ago, and it was NOT fun.

I have Bilstein 5100s set at 2.75” in the front, with a 1.5” block in the rear and am running 35x12.50-18 Toyo ATs. It’s a beast of a truck. Everyone knocks the mileage, but it’s a V8 4x4 so what are they expecting?

Look at Wet Okole seat covers if you want waterproof. I’ve had them in one of my Tacomas and one of my Cummins 3500s. Phenomenal quality and fit is perfect. They make them custom so it takes a few weeks. The factory is in SoCal (Laguna Beach maybe?), which is great.

I use my Tundra for birds, deer, elk and moose hunting, so it gets a fair bit of bush time. White is right for me with all the branches pinstriping it regularly.

Photos below are mule deer hunting just up the road from my property, and one of my buddies posing with his latest old Chev 3/4 ton parts truck at the top of a big ass pass.

Nice…!

Thanks for the tip. I’ll check out the seat covers. What flavor is you LG? 45-70?

It’s a Marlin 336 BL. .30-30 Win on that one.

I hopped on over to the “Wet Okole” interwebs page. The seat covers look very nice. I’m kicking the can down the road on a set for the Fj40..🙄 The Princess is pushing for a leather/vinyl upgrade in the Tundra. It’s a toss up.

I started the install on the bed rail system. What I thought was going to be a 20 minute upgrade wasn’t. The Tundra came with bed liner installed at the Dealer, so I had to clean out the mounting points. The torx head screws provided in the kit were questionable. I’m going to hit Ace hardware for some better mounting hardware and revisit the install.

A little odd your 19 had similar brake issues @ the 50k marker too.

I have the same Marlin in 45-70 wearing the SBL furniture. JM barrel stamp set up with a EER scope. Just incase the T-Rex makes a come back, I’m ready..:zilla:

I’ve got a Henry .44 Mag and 12” barreled 12 gauge in case of intruders. Lots of Henrys, Marlins and Winchesters in my world:hillbilly:

Ok, so I added the OEM bed rail system. Initial thoughts are “WTH” happened to Yota OEM quality. The Torx head hardware was “iffy” at best. The heads were shallow and didnt want to cooperate. Anyway, overcame, improvised and adapted. Made a trip to “Ace“ for some hex head replacement hardware. In my application, the Torx head hardware wasn’t up to snuff. 😑

FD69D614-47FC-47A0-AEBE-9670DE1F077A.jpeg

3DD7B7F9-AFFA-41DF-81B7-E96CA80D817B.jpeg

Last edited:
Added the running boards/sliders (loose term). The brand I chose was MaxMate. The kit came with mounting brackets and the slider. Easy installation, one person, -one hour install. The kit comes with brackets that mount in the factory mounting locations. The slider then mounts (easily) to the bracket(s). I’ll take underside pics if anyone is interested. Whole package was about 230$ shipped.

On to a leveling kit. I’m up for suggestions from the distinguished forum..😎

49FF48C0-AB6F-44B8-B728-D1BB0313E4F4.jpeg

038304EC-F937-4C3C-A046-7EE63FB913D0.jpeg

8273846B-3CB4-4AC0-ABDD-D1C44A02ED85.jpeg

B0D88486-43D2-4A93-94C9-53ED155236E6.jpeg

In the end the “Princess” had a deciding hand in the replacement seat covers. They look very close to the OE cloth covers.

I‘ll post up some pics once they are installed..👍

14248538-6B43-40A4-96D9-B175C68F7AA9.jpeg

CC032BAE-CFE2-4A0E-9B3E-468C5793DF45.jpeg

D582AEFB-01E1-4081-BCD8-C81D54AD5485.jpeg

New ”skins” added yesterday. Pretty happy with the results. IMHO, for a prefab cover, these are very nice.

D247F7A2-2F4D-4D08-B72F-4A55AF115405.jpeg

409A48A7-A4C7-456A-957C-CF121DE9C14E.jpeg

DF9245AE-9FBC-432F-8099-D26AB69627C9.jpeg

They look great. Would you mind posting what material/pattern?

Assuming they replaced the factory cloth rather than fitting over top.

Yes full replacement. The shop had the truck about a day and a half.

Custom Graphite Grey 3 Tone Leather Seat Covers for 14-21 Toyota Tundra CrewMax
Graphite with Mist Grey Inserts, Cement Wings, Perforated Inserts, Cement Stitching and "Limited" Logo on Front Leanbacks.

This is the "Deluxe" Leather-Trimmed Interior which utilizes a combination of genuine leather and vinyl. The front seats have leather faces and rear outboard seats have leather inserts…

You can also opt for the full leather.

Long time member. 40 forum junkie. Jumping over for some tech/mod/upgrade info.

Purchased the Tundra in 2019. Currently 55K on the ODO. I figured it was about time to start showing it some “love”. Had to replace the front calipers and rear rotors (pads all around) @ 50k. 🙄 I’ve owned YOTA vehicles for the past 20yrs and had never had a premature brake part(s) failure before.

Just added a set of Falken AT3 265-70 R18 on stock rims. Looking at a Wescott leveling kit (front). Bed Rail system sitting in a box waiting for an install. Last but not least, a set of Weather Tech front and rear mats.

Thinking of upgrading the interior. I had a 2104 FJC with the waterproof seats. Anything like that out there for the Tundra?

The truck has seen mostly hauling missions for the past four years, light hunting duty and as a daily driver. Probably going to keep it as such with an occasional light/med off road foray during hunting season with a ski trip or two in the winter.

Side steps?
Bed Rack?

View attachment 3422413

View attachment 3422414

View attachment 3422415

View attachment 3422416
Really nice.
Congratulations 🎊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom