Grabbed a 2021 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,
Been a few years since I have posted on Mud as I made the foolish mistake of selling my LX470 a few years back. After recently driving a 2006 LC with 350,000 miles, it was a sobering moment comparative to my Denali (Jesus wept, what a mistake) and began a search for initially a 2010-2012 GX.

Last week, we found one in Colma, CA (just South of SF) that was/is a 2012 Knights Armor Pearl with a 150,000 miles at a Lexus dealer. Purchased and sold at the same dealer with a complete service history for just under $19000. After looking in Northern CA and Oregon for a few weeks, this was a pretty good candidate owning to the quite strong resale value on these vehicles.

After driving down from Humboldt last Wednesday, we ended up actually purchasing this 2012 and only waiting for it get the smog inspection for us to get home. Amazingly, Friday afternoon, we were still waiting to the point that we were going to bail as it simply would not clear out the code to pass.

After drooling over a 570 in the showroom for days waiting for mine to be ready and getting mighty tempted, we ended up seeing a 2021 Nebula Grey Pearl still in all the plastic with 3 miles on the ODO. In spite of really preferring the 2010-2013 front end, it really cannot be lost that we were about to spend $20,000 for a 9 year old truck with 150,000 miles. That made the idea of a brand new one much more palatable.

While we still cannot believe we drove 5 hours to buy a 2012 only to end up getting a new one, I must say we are pretty stoked.

E5DB16F4-1DE0-43BA-A6F4-4315225CD5AA.jpeg
68800A2C-F533-49DA-8FA4-AAE6F0BFF5F2.jpeg
IMG_1035.jpeg
995720A3-0DC9-427F-97BB-5247D47AD3B7.jpeg

Last edited:
How much did you pay?

What was the window sticker?

I just bought a 2018 Nebula grey, 33,000 miles $39,900. No new ones the dealer was willing to make a deal on in my area.

Congrats @Junglejack. Man I'd give anything for that steering wheel. That's one of the things I missed about my Dodge Charger and Grand Cherokee was the awesome steering wheel. I need to be able to put my hands on the bottom to the left and right of that center spoke and the 2010-2019 460's steering wheel is garish and pretty uncomfortable to use on really long trips. I need to find a wrecked 2020-2021 and get that steering wheel. It would be worth giving up all button functionality just to be comfortable.

I like the way you shop. I once bought a $2000 flat screen because the older one wouldn't fit my $100 wall mount... :lol:

I bet that's a cool ride, though!!! Congrats on the purchase.

Thanks!
The one I got is the Premium with the wood steering wheel, and dark grey wheels. The sticker is in the garage but I think the convenience package is included, however pretty sure all GX’s have it.
MSRP was $59ish.

As for pricing, I think there was like $1000 or $1500 in ”Lexus Cash” and they gave a slight “sorry you drove 5 hours for a GX that cannot pass smog” discount.

As with both Toyota and Lexus, there are usually not big discounts to be had new which is actually a good think I reckon for resale. Especially with models like ours and the LX.
Guessing the more high volume models might have more incentives owing to how competitive the market is.

There were only three I could find in the Phoenix area. Two were black, not a color I want in Arizona. . The pricing was actually a little higher as since there were so few the only one with a color I liked, a white one, had a $15,000 dealer accessory package.

I do love that wood steering wheel, mine did not have it.

I love my grey one. Enjoy !

There were only three I could find in the Phoenix area. Two were black, not a color I want in Arizona. . The pricing was actually a little higher as since there were so few the only one with a color I liked, a white one, had a $15,000 dealer accessory package.

I do love that wood steering wheel, mine did not have it.

I love my grey one. Enjoy !
My choices were similarly restricted. There were three available that were all Premium’s with a white, black and the one I purchased.

I really dig the Nebula Grey and only debate whether I would have gone with the Rioja Red interior. Strong negative reaction from the household but driving her nuts is half the fun.

You will forget all about your LX470 after being in this a while. My wife and I both had our own 100 series Landcruisers and our GX is SO much better than those old hundy's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom