Got a LC stamped fiberglass bezel! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Poser said:
Original paint was on the flat section of the letter only....

:beer:

Steve - would you have a close up photo of this.. maybe of just a few letters? How did you do it? By hand with a brush?

Mine's real.....:D :D

I laid the bezel down, used a modeling brush and filled the letters with enamel paint then left it overnight, had to redo once in 8 yrs.
front of 40.jpg

My other steel bezel loaned to good friend for his 45 he did the letters the same way......
attachment.php

Are the LCS bezels ones they made or ones they got from Gozzard?

In talking with the owner of the biz - Tim Simpkins - he makes them and they are theirs made by them in their shop where they make them

In talking with the owner of the biz - Tim Simpkins - he makes them and they are theirs made by them in their shop where they make them

In a matter of speaking....yes, we have the mold for this part. No, we don't make them in our shop. We have a local Fiberglass shop make them as well as our other fiberglass parts we own.

In a matter of speaking....yes, we have the mold for this part. No, we don't make them in our shop. We have a local Fiberglass shop make them as well as our other fiberglass parts we own.

1/2 my bad then... I was trying to recall a conversation from june 2005, and was more wanting to impart they are not a Gozzard... but yours

Also, when we talked about that odd sizing issue on the phone (see post #7 and #12) I recalled being under the impression you talking about having the mold and sizing should be all good..... as you made them in house

anyway... all worked out fine :)

Even if one produced and sold replica steel bezels for half this price, I think one would come out ahead...

here's my 'glass....i didn't do no purdy paint job like them texans, 'cause i don't have no purdy paint job on my rig. poor mask job and shot it with rustoleum
bezel2.jpg

Even if one produced and sold replica steel bezels for half this price, I think one would come out ahead...

Think about it,

These have been non-existent since 1964. If making a stamped steel bezel would have been financially feasible, don’t you think that someone here in the USA would have made them already?

The average Land Cruiser enthusiast has a hard time spending money on his vehicle for maintenance items that need attention, let alone spending over 250.00us on a steel reproduction bezel.

Ehsan made some reproductions back in ’03.

He may still have some.

Check out his website, or PM him.

:beer:

Real deal:

Pic-015.jpg

emblem01.jpg

Ehsan made some reproductions back in ’03.

I tried him first back in 2005 when I decided to do this and he did not have any left then....

You are probably right, Steve. Though, judging from this e-bay item only, there appears to be a market or maybe someone just cannot live without.

There was a time when the plum crazy six-pack cuda was not desireable, now folks are paying in excess of 3/4 mil. for originals.

Think about it,

These have been non-existent since 1964. If making a stamped steel bezel would have been financially feasible, don’t you think that someone here in the USA would have made them already?

Until just lately Mr. T has been real protective of the words Toyota and Land Cruiser. You can get replacement tailgates for the FJ45LPB with the word Toyota stamped on it. Just a few years ago all the aftermarket replacements were not stamped Toyota. I know someone who was making the Land Cruiser bezel ten years ago until he got a letter from Mr. T's lawyers telling him to stop or get sued. When I first saw LCS bezels on eBay I thought for sure Toyota would have put a stop to it. Something changed at Toyota lately, they gave permission for someone to have a blank VIN plate made to replace a missing one on a restore.

John

Then that makes since. With Toyota owning the patents on the original bezels, they have that exclusive right.

As someone had already said, now I know what to search for as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom