Gossamer- '87 FJ60 aka "The Red Monster" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been busy wrenching and bodywork on the 40. A few parts have arrived to finish off the dash (I hope) Radio surround, RCA cables, CB/Radio splitter, texture paint for dash blackout and a few rocker switches. Next weekend I plan to knock the dash and gauges out...

Got a new set of screwdrivers... Figured they would come in handy...

J

IMG_20150605_160623_520.jpg

Might as well have the same tools that Toyota uses to work on the best Toyotas!

The thing about the "Phillips" screwdriver vs JIS cross point is that is that the phillips was designed to be "self ejecting" . You figure that
out fast, especially on the larger screws like the ones on the windshield frame. It's amazing what the littlest of changes in angles and ramp
of the blades can make

Any update on the 70 series mirror gaskets?

I have put a hold on the gaskets. I went out last week and the edges are starting to crack and dry. With this material, it should NOT be doing this, very disappointed. So looking into other materials AGAIN!

J

Last edited:
Hats are 22$ each shipped. Not making any money on these. I went with a better hat than most offer. Otto ProCap.

J

Alright I will PM you on Friday. Now just the dilemma of brown vs. blue

How do the hats adjust? I only ask because I have a huge head and when the velcro or snaps are at their full length it tends to look a little silly. I wear a 7-3/4 hat so you can reference to your size J.

What are the plans for the bumper... :hmm:

How do the hats adjust? I only ask because I have a huge head and when the velcro or snaps are at their full length it tends to look a little silly. I wear a 7-3/4 hat so you can reference to your size J.

Otto recommends 7 5/8" or less for the "ONE SIZE FITS MOST" category...

Stay tuned on the 60 front...

J

Dude and I thought I had a big head at needing a 7 5/8s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom