Goose Gear Plate System - Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kcjaz

SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone have one of these? The web site doesn't say much about it. I assume it is an aluminum plate with a coating?

Not sure on the 200 plate, but probably coated birch plywood. The plate for the jeep mentions "Bullet Liner covered Baltic Birch plywood"

Thanks. Looking at this more, I think it is coated plywood.

I just received mine. Still in a crate in my garage, waiting for the truck to arrive. Will detail the install in January when I do the seat delete and install. I am planning on installing Dynamat under it as my understanding is carpet gets removed. Wood with Linex/Bullit Liner.

I just received mine. Still in a crate in my garage, waiting for the truck to arrive. Will detail the install in January when I do the seat delete and install. I am planning on installing Dynamat under it as my understanding is carpet gets removed. Wood with Linex/Bullit Liner.
Did you detail the install after this?

I ran one in my GX, good stuff but they are getting more and more expensive (like everything). It is Birch covered in a Line-X type material. There are some cheaper alternatives from a few other vendors but they aren't coming to mind at the moment, maybe Sherpa Rack?!. It's a nice option if you want to slowly build your setup over time or if you want the ability to alter it as your needs change but if it were my money I'd go right to a Trekboxx buildout and call it a day.

I have it. I will upload some photos tomorrow. The floor plate fits perfectly. It is confirmed wood, coated on one side. Uses oem bolt points, so no drilling. I added the full dual drawer system with a 1/3 2/3 40” deep drawers. Provides cubby storage behind the wheel arch. Tip, remove your jacks and put it in the drawer. It’s darn difficult to get it out otherwise.

I have it. I will upload some photos tomorrow. The floor plate fits perfectly. It is confirmed wood, coated on one side. Uses oem bolt points, so no drilling. I added the full dual drawer system with a 1/3 2/3 40” deep drawers. Provides cubby storage behind the wheel arch. Tip, remove your jacks and put it in the drawer. It’s darn difficult to get it out otherwise.

63FDA9D2-F3DE-41A0-AC57-49FC0D2BB1F3.jpeg

E10CB6DB-14A4-4597-BA4B-04C6669E86F8.jpeg

26A02E22-9A6C-4E60-8755-F3B1CB8406D3.jpeg

C4C131C2-2C89-4BD9-B685-F1C8ED90F799.jpeg

Looks really good. How do you like it so far?
I like the quality and fit. The only down side and it’s specific to me, is when I go to my cabin and have to bring a trash can to the transfer station, it won’t fit standing up. So the mini van gets trash duty. I also was driven nuts by the clinking of the lock cylinders in the handles. A little silicone on the back and it stopped the rattle. 40” drawers hood a bunch of kit.

Is there a GG plate underneath the drawers?

Yes. That is the required base. I had carpet removed and dynamat installed for noise reduction under the plate. The plate uses existing threaded body holes.

Yes. That is the required base. I had carpet removed and dynamat installed for noise reduction under the plate. The plate uses existing threaded body holes.
Ah, I see it now, by the second row. Any photos of the base plate going in, before the drawers are in place?

These are from when I installed the Goose Gear plate in my GX, not exactly like the 200 but you get the idea. I also put down a sound barrier prior to the plate, it helps to keep the noise down and controls temps better since the carpet barrier is removed.

dl6mflu.jpg

AIEwT1y.jpg

BzpS2Am.jpg

dbbEqfo.jpg

3FXaWDi.jpg

How much room is there between the floor and the plate? I'd like one of these to mount a better select of tie down points. Need enough room for backing plates and nuts between the bottom and floor. Looks like there might be enough room in at least some areas depending on the shape of the floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom