Goose Gear Alternatives (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I ordered the Goose Gear baseplate, and I'll build my own drawers / platform on top of it. I like the idea of the drawers being the right height to level with folded down 2nd row.

Haha, I did the same thing this past week lol.

I have it as well, love it and would buy it again

I mounted ARB roller drawers on them

778DD001-5397-45F3-A9CF-03582D51E0DD.jpeg

F6902165-7376-4130-8DD9-631BA124445A.jpeg

Here's a couple pics of my platform. I used the factory bolt holes in the rear and added rivenuts on the elevated cross member up front to hold the platform down. I think it was 44in wide, and basically as long as you want it to be until it hits the 2nd row seats

View attachment 2519650

View attachment 2519652

View attachment 2519655

View attachment 2519656

View attachment 2519659

How do you like that KAON rear shelf? Looking at getting one, but since its shipped from AUS, I want to make sure i really want it.

I designed one out of 1/4" 6061 aluminum and bolted it to the factory bolt locations as well as added Rivnuts. I'll post some photos later today or tomorrow along with my opinions. I drew it in CAD. See attached PDF of the layout as it follows the wheel well lines and terminates at the upper seat raised cross piece. I think you could have it plotted at kinkos or something and trace it on wood. It has all the holes for bolt locations plus I have added holes for the TNutz shelf I built, so the holes that have four in a patter can be used or deleted. I went with aluminum as I have access to a laser cutter and wanted to save height on the baseplate and top plate over the drawers. I'll do a write up of the build. It is about 80% done. One note, at the top corner of each side and the bottom corner near the rear opening are level. So those rest directly on the body. The other locations require spacers of some sort.

Topplate and Baseplate.PNG

Attachments

• Baseplate and Topplate.pdf
    19.9 KB · Views: 125
20201123_163644.jpg
20201115_172857.jpg

I did like others have and used birch plywood base and then finished to closely match the interior trim. Used 2x2 for the supports and 1x2 at the raised portion near the door. For mounting I used the stock 4 rear bolt holes with 65mm or 70mm length bolts and used spacers and bolts into nutserts for the front most mounting.

I still need to build the raised sleeping platform.

Wow this takes diy to another level lol. Regarding kaon shelf: it's solid, albeit the cost is ~$250. Worth it, in my opinion

I designed one out of 1/4" 6061 aluminum and bolted it to the factory bolt locations as well as added Rivnuts. I'll post some photos later today or tomorrow along with my opinions. I drew it in CAD. See attached PDF of the layout as it follows the wheel well lines and terminates at the upper seat raised cross piece. I think you could have it plotted at kinkos or something and trace it on wood. It has all the holes for bolt locations plus I have added holes for the TNutz shelf I built, so the holes that have four in a patter can be used or deleted. I went with aluminum as I have access to a laser cutter and wanted to save height on the baseplate and top plate over the drawers. I'll do a write up of the build. It is about 80% done. One note, at the top corner of each side and the bottom corner near the rear opening are level. So those rest directly on the body. The other locations require spacers of some sort.

View attachment 2526317
Is this for a third row seat delete? Or can you still keep the third row?

Wow this takes diy to another level lol. Regarding kaon shelf: it's solid, albeit the cost is ~$250. Worth it, in my opinion

I paid closer to $290 with the shipping after the conversion, it's up about $20 since the middle of the year.

View attachment 2526317

KNR - you have any photos of your finished product?

Has anyone deleted the 2nd row as well and created a full-size (2nd + 3rd row) base plate?

I WANT one of the trays for the top!!!

It seems like one of these shelf kits or a couple of ClosetMaid wire shelves cut to fit, a piece of aluminum and some bolts would get you something close for half the price.

Reactions: r2m

It seems like one of these shelf kits or a couple of ClosetMaid wire shelves cut to fit, a piece of aluminum and some bolts would get you something close for half the price.

Yeah, it's a wire closet shelf supported and fastened to the molle panels. $12 from HD or Lowes, cut to length with a Dremel. I only put light and soft supplies up there.

IMG_20201126_114933_573.jpg

🤔 Me thinks I'll be visiting Lowes soon...
I'll post some pics when I get it up.

37E0D5E4-A088-4BC3-9F66-9BEE7C24ED4A.jpeg

Well it doesn’t look like much yet, but I’m working on a bottom plate. I plan to carpet the 12mm marine rated plywood, add side wings, and an upper shelf that is level with the tops of the second row for an eventual removable modular sleep platform. I’m happy with the first days progress. Think I’ll get the base plate done tonight.

FFDA630B-3124-41FA-9D35-40CE08298253.jpeg

And phew, got something somewhat finished back there for the work weekend!
3.5 beer project just for the base :)
42.25”x39.25” was the perfect floor plate dimension once wrapped in the outdoor ribbed carpet.

B8F643E8-2949-45CC-847C-EAF5C3CA4F45.jpeg

Last edited:
I thought I'd share what I did. I am not ready yet to take the seats out so I came up with this. I forgot the exact measurements, but I would say around 42x36.
It's a 3/4 Burch plywood and used a 70mm M6 with washers and a 1 inch aluminum spacer for mounting. See picture for the 4 "factory eyelits" that I removed and reusing the M6 nuts. 2 in the floor and 2 on the back of the 3rd row seats.
It's been on with the slider and fridge for few months and it's held pretty good. It's not meant to be a permanent solution but it's satisfying it's purpose so far.
IMG_20210709_092423.jpg
20210703_180628.jpg
20210703_185740.jpg
20210617_202506.jpg
20210617_202723.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom