Builds Goose Gear 80 Series Build (13 Viewers)

This was a weekend to do some work on the GG 80. I had maxed out my Blue Sea 6 fuse block and actually had 7 things attached to it. I decided to replace it with a 12 fuse block. I didn't realize how dusty it got in there! I vacuumed it out. When I get some time I am going to have to figure out how all the dust is getting in and then fix it. A future project in the near future is to relocate the airline coupler to the rear bumper and add a solar controller above the ARB air compressor.

IMG_0675.jpeg

After a couple of hours (I was taking my time) I got it all buttoned up and now I am ready to add other electrical accessories as needed. When I get back in there I am going to straighten that fuse block. What was I thinking?

IMG_0677.jpeg

I haven't had occasion to use the ARB air locker yet, so I haven't heard it while driving. When I'm using it air up - it is a bit noisy, but I'm outside. I know that it likely will be a bit noisy when I do run it with the air locker.

Honger

Joel, TLCA #21509
SILVER Star

I've run an ARB compressor in the rear panel of my old 80, and now in my Troopy. Yeah, it's loud. Locked inside the panel it's muffled a bit, but not much. That said, it isn't deafening.

It isn't like it funs continuous duty except when airing up... and usually myself and passengers are out of the car when airing up. I rate the protection of being installed on the interior as better for the long-term health of the compressor... and more important than never hearing the compressor.

Definitely leaning towards installing in the rear. Agreed that if I run a tank I'm not going to have the comp kick on frequently with lockers engaged, unless I have a leak ... which I should be hunting down anyway, not throwing more air at it. I'm also looking at mounting my switchpro in the same location, along with my Blue Sea secondary panel. Only concern I have now is with all that load I'm going to need to run 2ga wire to the rear quarter to compensate for voltage drop. :doh:

Honger

Joel, TLCA #21509
SILVER Star

Definitely leaning towards installing in the rear. Agreed that if I run a tank I'm not going to have the comp kick on frequently with lockers engaged, unless I have a leak ... which I should be hunting down anyway, not throwing more air at it. I'm also looking at mounting my switchpro in the same location, along with my Blue Sea secondary panel. Only concern I have now is with all that load I'm going to need to run 2ga wire to the rear quarter to compensate for voltage drop. :doh:
Run the 2 gauge... a bit spendy and a hassle to route... but it'll be so handy to have that lead run back there. I did the calcs and went with 4 gauge. I have the single piston compressor and have fused appropriately for the 4 gauge. It's just VERY handy having the power available in the rear. Have already run an extra usb charger.

Run the 2 gauge... a bit spendy and a hassle to route... but it'll be so handy to have that lead run back there. I did the calcs and went with 4 gauge. I have the single piston compressor and have fused appropriately for the 4 gauge. It's just VERY handy having the power available in the rear. Have already run an extra usb charger.
Yeah, I'll suck it up and run 2ga to a terminal block back there. It'll be a pain, but at least this way I won't have to run the line again if I upgrade something.

Nice installs guys. Thanks for the inspiration.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)

Top Bottom