Goodyear Wrangler MT/R or Firestone Destination M/T (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have owned a set of destination MTs in 275s i liked them, but never the MT/Rs anyone else owned a set of each before?

i had my destitations siped and it was amazing in snow and ice and wet, and wear was excellent as well, comfort and noice. wranglers seem to be rated good as well, and i like how they look better.

which tire is lighter anyone know?

My MTR's are great on the rocks and on road but suck in the wet snow we get here in Washington. My freinds Cooper STT's do much better in the snow, are quieter and cheeper than the MTR's but I have heard they may wear faster if you wheel hard and chunk them up. My next tire will probably be STT's.

My 2c.

My vote is for the cooper STT's.... they are cheaper and are superior in the snow!!!

I have the Les Schwab version of the Cooper STT's. (Same mold, Mountain Cat ET's). Only been a few months, but love them. Good in the snow/ice/rain/dry. Can't say much for wear being they are pretty much new. They are sipped.

FYI, I just found a 15% coupon on all Firestone tires at Firestone Complete Auto Care Centers. It's good until March 3rd. Last month, they had a 35% off coupon on their Friends & Family promo which I missed out on.

Here's the link to the coupon:
Car Care Stimulus Plan

I love my Goodyears MT/R.

WTH? this thing is asymmetric...!

anyway, my older MT/Rs are holding up pretty nicely, all things considered.

Take a closer look at the similarities to the BFG KM2, seems BFG has regained some market share lost to the MT/R. The KM2 is asymmetric, this is a very similar tire with some inner tread block heritage to the old MT/R. The KM2 is known for incredible forward traction but not incredible lateral traction, Goodyear may be trying to address both with this tire.

Could be a very interesting tire if they can keep it quiet. Competition is a good thing in our sport.

Last edited:
Having owned both tires, these are my suggestions:

If you want to stay with a 33" tire I would go with the Destination MT.

If you are going to go above a 33" tire, go with the MT/R.

That said, I think the Goodyear MT/R's suck.

Get the Dunlop Mud Rover's and get a better tire for a cheaper price.

-o-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom