good shops in the northeast (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.trailaddict.com
Anyone recommend any shops in the northeast?  I'm in central NY and looking for a reputable shop with FJ40 experience.  I've heard good things about Up N Over but they are a little far for regular visits.  OK4WD is reasonably close, but I'm not sure how much experience they have with FJs - to do a lot of Jeep work.  East Coast 4x4 is local, but I don't know anythign about them.

talk to chuck over at OK he has a bad ass cruiser he built there that place knows there sh**

Probably the only work I wouldn't do myself would be a soa conversion and an engine swap. I called Up And Over and spoke to their cruiser guy - very nice, extremely knowledgeable. I got a price qoute on a soa conversion so I've finally got a firm budget for my rig.

wanna see pics of a cage up & over did?
took them almost a yr to make(read:they had the truck for almost a yr).

the weld beads are so full of holes(porrosicity),under cut and look like shezzil.

it's red and for sale!

and don't get me started on their fuel injection,in a five gallon bucket,replaced with a weber...

between the FI and my wife the motor was hurt pretty bad..

Brian,
Are you selling the roll cage or the truck ?

Brian,
How much for the cage ? And where abouts are you ? I assume you in the general Philly area. Email me at slaterjt@aol.com.

i say maybe an 11/2-2 hours west of philly(lebanon).
make an offer

cage1.JPG

I would be interested in that cage if the price is right also have some parts and tires might be able to work some thing out

wanna see pics of a cage up & over did?
took them almost a yr to make(read:they had the truck for almost a yr).

the weld beads are so full of holes(porrosicity),under cut and look like shezzil.

it's red and for sale!

and don't get me started on their fuel injection,in a five gallon bucket,replaced with a weber...

between the FI and my wife the motor was hurt pretty bad..

Wow... thanks for the info. You are the second person I've heard who was very disappointed with the work at Up And Over. Guess maybe I'll stick with OK4WD.

i think they tack welded the cage together in the truck and they did'nt cover the windshield OR the dash.so the windshield has more than a few splatter marks on it and the dash pad now has a 3"long crack RIGHT in the middle of it that started as a burn mark,that HAD been flawless......

There are some things here that should be cleared up. We are new to posting on this site as you can see and stumbled across this post that has little truth to it.

1st......Brian didnt own the truck that he is speaking about at the time that the work was being done, It was Dave Wicks FJ40 at the time.

2nd......Dave Wicks had bent his own cages for a while and I would like to see the pictures you speak of Brian, just to see if it is actually ours, so post a picture of the cage.

3rd.......As far as the fuel injection goes, it was done during a time that we were experimenting with different chips and what it came down to was the owner of the 40 (Dave Wicks) did not want to change from an RV Cam to one that would work with a FI system. The FI would have worked flawlessly if he had changed the cam like suggested.

I believe that these gentlemen (Brian &Dave) have had a gripe in the past with a former employee of the shop, this is why I feel they said the things about the shop. The problem with the employee has been taken care of for several years. Ken is gone.

Anyone who has any doubt about our shop should take the time and look at our website (www.upnover.com) and see the $40,000-$50,000 trucks that we turn out.

We just felt that we needed to clear up these wrong accusations. We do not intend this email to be an attack on anyone, we just felt some things needed to be cleared up.

I hope this clears up the mess for the others that were misled by reading this post as well.

Thank You,
Chris Stevenson
Up and Over Innovations

There are some things here that should be cleared up.  We are new to posting on this site as you can see and stumbled across this post that has little truth to it.

1st......Brian didnt own the truck that he is speaking about at the time that the work was being done, It was Dave Wicks FJ40 at the time.

2nd......Dave Wicks had bent his own cages for a while and I would like to see the pictures you speak of Brian, just to see if it is actually ours, so post a picture of the cage.

3rd.......As far as the fuel injection goes, it was done during a time that we were experimenting with different chips and what it came down to was the owner of the 40 (Dave Wicks) did not want to change from an RV Cam to one that would work with a FI system.  The FI would have worked flawlessly if he had changed the cam like suggested.

I believe that these gentlemen (Brian &Dave) have had a gripe in the past with a former employee of the shop, this is why I feel they said the things about the shop.  The problem with the employee has been taken care of for several years.  Ken is gone.  

Anyone who has any doubt about our shop should take the time and look at our website (www.upnover.com) and see the $40,000-$50,000 trucks that we turn out.

We just felt that we needed to clear up these wrong accusations.  We do not intend this email to be an attack on anyone, we just felt some things needed to be cleared up.

I hope this clears up the mess for the others that were misled by reading this post as well.

Thank You,
Chris Stevenson
Up and Over Innovations
I have heard some of the stories from awhile back, and even bought my cruiser from someone who had a so called bad deal with your shop years ago.

That being said, I have heard a ton more good about you guys, especially recently.

You also come highly recommended from a friend who's opinion I value.(Mike aka MrClamp)

I'm sure you'll get some businness from me at some point in time, you seem professional and friendly.
:D :D

the cage came from your shop.
cage1.JPG

the cage is gone and this is the only pic i have of it.

and you are correct, my beef was with Ken not the shop in general.

however the craftsmanship in this cage was poor.

the cage came from your shop.
cage1.JPG

the cage is gone and this is the only pic i have of it.

and you are correct, my beef was with Ken not the shop in general.

however the craftsmanship in this cage was poor.
you mean to tell me, you are not happy with the cage's quality, yet you are selling it to another fellow cruiserhead????
Remind me not to buy anything from you.
:D

No answer?????  I'd like to know.  Whats up?

Don't want to step into anyone's pissing match but...

Brian described the cage as crap, someone jumped all over it like a fly on crap, and Up and Over came in and talked about their previous problems. What do you expect him to do with the cage, destroy it? As long as he's honest about the condition (which is really only the sellers opinion) what's the problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom