Good mechanic in Tampa? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

R

rsm

DId a search and did not find anything. I have a constant squeal coming from the left front wheel. I took the wheel off and determined that it seemed to be that the brake pads were rubbing against the rotor. It only happens when driving in a straight line and stops hen turning the whell or applying the brakes. Any suggestions?

Thanks ,

rsm

loose bolts on caliper perhaps? could also be going bad (caliper)

rsm,

If there was plenty of pad left then check for a sticky caliper. I have heard here on this forum that they're easy to rebuild though I haven't rebuilt a caliper on the 80.

-B-

???I'm not a ASE cert mechanic, live about 30 mins from Tampa. If you can find a good shop that knows cruisers let me know please 8). Seriously, for brakes, especially for a cruiser, do yourself a favor and get a Factory Service Manual from C-Dan and learn how to trouble-shoot and perform maintenance on your own. The Toyota dealers in FL will rape you on all service for cruisers because it seems only yuppies own them and pay whatever they are told to pay. Learn to do as much as you can yourself and save $$$$$. You can also try and befriend a toyota master mech at your local dealer for additional help :D. Stay current on this board, search and you'll find any answer to any question you have.... these guys are GREAT!!! If you need real time help, send me a PM and I'll help with what I can. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom