Good Basement Drainage Company? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have a recommendation for a competent contractor specializing in basement waterproofing? We've got a finished basement. Now that I've pulled half the carpet up after Irene, I can see where the water's coming in, and it doesn't look good.

I'd also take recommendations for ark building at this point.

:cheers:

Noah did a nice job :) Sorry you are having problems

My professional recommendation would be to excavate on the outside of the house, waterproof the wall, and backfill with #57 stone.

A few other items you might check: make sure gutters are clear and downspouts exit storage 10' from the house, and epoxy injection of the crack.

As far as contractors, I can't help you unless you want one that is willing to travel

Don't forget positive drainage. To many times flower beds are all mulched up but the grade slopes back towards the house, not away. Also if you don't have gutters on the house that helps a lot.
I haven't replaced mine on part of the back and I'm having some issues. Also have a hung sewer that goes thru the foundation and it seeps there, this is same area as no gutter. Brian, what would you recomend to seal around the pipe. Digging it up is my last resort. There is a slab that would have to come out.

didn't mean to steal your thread Felix

in a pinch we have used hydraulic cement to stop serious leaking. it works very well on block, but builds up fast.

Felix,

I think "basement waterproofing" where they do the work from the inside of the house is a sham in *most* cases. It's much better to address the issue on the outside of the house. Out in the yard, the down spouts etc. If you have a hole around a pipe or cracks on the inside then you need to fix that but putting drains inside the house is not as good as fixing the exterior drainage issue and waterproofing the outside of the basement wall.

I'd recommend a perimeter french drain that goes around three sides of the house and daylight drains with pop ups (keeps the mosquitos under control).

You need to tie your downspouts into this system as well. I like to run the roof drains in solid pipe and the french drain in perforated pipe.

I can send you a great article from Fine Homebuilding on how to do this.

If that does not work, then do what BK said and dig up then parge the foundation and water proof it.

Then, as a last resort the interior water collection system - unless you have a serious problem, or can't do a french drain for some reason, you won't need to.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom