Builds Goat. A 1967 survivor FJ-45 LWB (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, 3.5 years without doing anything but change fluids and my harmonic balancer nut left the chat while going to lunch today.

Wow. Now the question…….how deep shall I go when I fix all this. I’ve got a few leaks I’d like to address.
My vote is for as little as possible to fix this and the oil leaks.
Your buddy is a gangster
With those spotless middle east spec Cruisers, I'm thinking possibly a royal prince. :p Lotsa garage envy here. It's way bigger than my house!

My vote also. That timing cover seal sucks to do. Unless you have to pull the crank to remedy what caused the HB nut to come loose.

That would all be too smart and easy

Spent the last week, going through this whole thread. (learnt a lot)
wonderful documentation of the second life of this 45.
Went to a good home!

Spent the last week, going through this whole thread. (learnt a lot)
wonderful documentation of the second life of this 45.
Went to a good home!
Thank you sir. I look forward to another mini refresh soon.

60 yrs ago today the GOAT concept was imortalized.

“Float like a butterfly and sting like a bee” 😂

The Goat has sat patiently since February. Time to get this thing started again

IMG_9485.jpeg

At this point Cowboy is telling me, add a new balancer nut and just put it back together. You could have it running by the end of the day

IMG_9502.jpeg

IMG_9503.jpeg

IMG_9504.jpeg

IMG_9505.jpeg

IMG_9506.jpeg

IMG_9507.jpeg

Calling it quits for the day to go cook and hang out with the family. This thing is ready to be yanked out

IMG_9512.jpeg

IMG_9510.jpeg

At this point Cowboy is telling me, add a new balancer nut and just put it back together. You could have it running by the end of the day
Cats are practical like that... ;)

Did not get as much done today as I wanted. Late start.

Drained fluids and pulled the interior out so far.

Damn this thing got dirty the last 3 years. I need to take better care of my work truck.

IMG_9535.jpeg

IMG_9539.jpeg

IMG_9540.jpeg

IMG_9541.jpeg

@Godwin camped out at the shop last night on his way to catch some lizards and s***. I put him to work helping me put the 2F on a pallet and move the Goat into temporary housing.

I was planning on getting the new motor this weekend but Rory is not ready for me. I’ll take the down time to clean up the engine bay and make sure all the new parts are in place

IMG_9576.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom