Builds Goat. A 1967 survivor FJ-45 LWB

wngrog

SILVER Star

Brakes.

F these drums. I’m about to get discs.

What’s the best NON booster setup for 4 wheel discs.

I know I’ll need the JTO firewall adapter. @JackA uses the non ABS master.

Any check valves??

My plan is Toyota front discs and CHebby rear.

JackA

I run the larger 4Runner calipers in front with the Chevy rear disc setup in back. I made an adapter to bolt the non abs 80 series master to the firewall. I redid all the brakelines in 10mm. Stops great. No need for any other doodads with this setup.

I also hate the drums.

wngrog

SILVER Star

I think JTO and others sell that adapter to put a dual circuit master on the firewall.

I remember trying it on my 68 and ended up putting a booster on. I won’t be doing that on the Goat. Manual all the way.

Do 4Runner calipers boot right on to a 60
Series knuckle? I have all the knuckle parts already. Sadly I have to pull a front axle out of a parts truck since this one is ball and claw.

I’m also putting in 3.70 gears while I’m
At it. This truck won’t ever be a trail machine.

wngrog

SILVER Star

I wonder home much more enemic the 3 speed is with 3.70 gears with the old F motor? Seems pretty tall for 1st gear
True. I’ll be working that clutch hard starting off on a hill.

Rob Tygart drives his 3 speed 3.70 truck all over the damn place. I drove it this year and the lower RPMs were noticeable.

I’ve always regretted not putting 3.70 in my 68 FJ40 while I was that deep in the build.

Of course Rob has a 1974 F1.5 in his bit it’s still carbureted

SHREG

I did Jens 40 with a booster and had a booster in Roy up until i did the 2F swap. Had to go to manual given there was no room for the booster with the 2F manifold. Went to the JTO plate and that worked great., I had limited time driving Roy after the engine swap but I was very impressed with the all manual setup. Both are 1965. Given the results of the Roy swap I may take the booster out of Jens.

Top Bottom