Go Fast Camper RTT direct bolt on options. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've decided on a Go Fast Camper RTT, but am trying to figure out how I'd like to mount it to my GX470. I'd rather not purchase a roof rack, but if I really have to, I'll be buying the Victory 4x4 rack since they're local to me. GFC offers a direct bolt on kit for the 5th gen 4Runner, so a roof rack isn't needed for that application. I've spoken with them and it sounds like they won't be offering a direct bolt on kit for the 470 any time soon if ever. Does anyone know of a direct bolt on kit for RTTs that does not need a roof rack or will I have to fabricate something?
GFC RTT.jpg

If you can wait a few months, the Terrapod RTT should be working its way into production. I am fortunate enough to have one of the three prototypes and have seen the drawings for the production model and I think it is great. It is lower profile and lighter than the GFC. I have it directly mounted to my 80 series and it is less than 6" off my roofline. The creator has it mounted to his 4runner through the Rhino Rack backbone system and it works great. If you are on Facebook, definitely check out the Terrapod Adventure Systems page for more photos and updates. My tent weighs 112lbs and the produciton model is going to be around 100 lbs. Pretty amazing.

Lot's of information and photos in this thread...

If you can wait a few months, the Terrapod RTT should be working its way into production. I am fortunate enough to have one of the three prototypes and have seen the drawings for the production model and I think it is great. It is lower profile and lighter than the GFC. I have it directly mounted to my 80 series and it is less than 6" off my roofline. The creator has it mounted to his 4runner through the Rhino Rack backbone system and it works great. If you are on Facebook, definitely check out the Terrapod Adventure Systems page for more photos and updates. My tent weighs 112lbs and the produciton model is going to be around 100 lbs. Pretty amazing.

Lot's of information and photos in this thread...

Not a Facebooker, but am salivating reading through the thread you shared. He noted that there will be custom mounting options about half way through the thread. That's what I'm looking for. Definitely interested in his product. Thanks for letting me know and nice 80 series!

Instead of a full roof rack you can opt for LFD off-road crossbars. I have them on my GX and am liking them so far. I've had full roof racks in the past and to be honest I don't like to mount too much on the roof of my trucks. I've gotten rid of them and have resorted to crossbars for mounting an awning, shovel, rotopax, and recovery ramps. It makes even less sense getting a full roof rack if you were to cover it up with an rtt for the most part.

IMG_20190822_184046.jpg

I've been following the Terrapod threads on T4R.org - I'm definitely interested. I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on a Roofnest Falcon until I saw the Terrapod. If price is similar, I'm going with the Terrapod.

GFC had told me if I could find 10 people interested in a mounting kit for a 470, they'd look into it. I had posted it on the GXOR facebook group and didn't get much interest but I'd buy the mounting kit well in advance of the tent if we could get them to make one.

Regarding pricing...

7839A583-D3FF-482F-A5AC-BDB3B9A17A45.jpeg

That would be nice if it comes in under $3k. It would be extremely competitive and I'd be in line for a first batch.

The GFC Superlite is $1500 with mattress and no ladder. And weights 80 lbs.

Just need to figure out how to mount it on gx470.

4B77C6FA-DD12-4273-B09F-4682DF01B2C8.png

GFC had told me if I could find 10 people interested in a mounting kit for a 470, they'd look into it. I had posted it on the GXOR facebook group and didn't get much interest but I'd buy the mounting kit well in advance of the tent if we could get them to make one.
I must have missed this almost a year ago, but I ordered a GFC Superlite last week. Delivery dater is June 2021. I'm running a JW Off-Road roof rack, so mounting shouldn't be an issue. Did you get any update from GFC about a 470 mounting kit?

No, i have a stock oem roof rack with 4 stock oem crossbars

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom