Georgia Cruiser's Annual at Ralph's October 23-25 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The fall annual is going to be held at Ralph's property in Dawsonville, Ga.

For those that do not know, this is a private park that we have negotiated with the owner to let up us use the land for camping as well as wheeling. The price for admission if $30 per truck (excluding tow rigs) regardless of if you intend to wheel/camp or not. Upon arrival, everyone must sign in, fill out the waiver, as well as pay the $30 to a BOD member, in order to enter. This will include 3 days (Friday-Sunday) of wheeling on a private park, camping for 2 nights, as well as a meal on Saturday if you have paid dues for this year. If you are not a member, the meal will be $10 on Saturday night. The plan is to arrive on Friday in the afternoon, no earlier than 4, and set up camp (night wheeling if desired), then on Saturday the group will head out to wheel for the day and return at night for the meal and the raffle, then depart Sunday. If more people want to hit the trails again on Sunday, then that will be possible.

Food on Saturday will be paid for by the club. The usual hamburgers and hotdogs will be available and we will have some sides, but we ask that each person doing a side to help contribute to the potluck. We will have a white elephant raffle as well as a 50/50 raffle on Saturday night. Keep the white elephant gifts under $10 and wheeling/tool related.

Bring the family out for a couple days of wheeling, and hanging out with the club members, and telling stories around the campfire.

Doesn't matter if you're trucks super built or bone stock, theres great trails for everyone!
10519816513_d986734e49_c.jpg

10519567436_9158f40bdd_c.jpg

10519100914_ef0dcbd0b7_c.jpg

For those who have not been to Spring Lake recently, quite a bit has changed. Ralph is always making improvements there and was working at the property when I spoke with him yesterday. Soon, it may look like Calloway Gardens.

I mentioned to Patrick that I would be willing to guide a trail ride and maybe even put on a class or two. In the past we have taught vehicle recovery (hi-lift, winching, etc) ,spotting techniques and trail riding setup (lockers, tire pressure, etc). This is especially useful for new members, but everyone can use a refresher now and then. If anyone else has ideas for activities, please post them here.

Additional activities for kids and families, especially for those not trail riding, have been available in the past, but were dropped in recent years. Everything from throwing a foot ball or Frisbee to corn hole or ladder golf to potato guns to trap shooting has been done up there at some point. There is always a camp fire on Saturday night, so bring supplies for S'mores. There are plenty of trails for hiking or mountain biking and there is a beach if anyone has a canoe, kayak or paddle boat. You can fish from the shore or beach and R/C cars, planes or boats would have plenty of room to run. If all else fails there is shopping and dining 10-15 minutes away. Ralph has a 25 foot movie screen that we can use, but we have to provide our own projector. I may be able to come up with something for that, if there is interest in a movie Friday night or after the raffle on Saturday.

Since we did not have an event at Ralph's last year and the previous year was quite low for attendance, please come join us for this event. If you have not been in a while, you will not recognise it. If you have never been, come spend the weekend at an awesome private park, close to Atlanta, for the price of a family dinner at Mickey D's. Since it is a private park and invite only, we do not post directions online. PM someone in the club if you don't know how to get there. It is not difficult to locate.

There will be one bonus/surprise for those in the group who are adventurous or thrill seekers.

Hope to see everyone there.

If you plan on to attend, post up in this thread so we can get a head count.

In - truck not available so not wheeling. I'll ride with RJ and get his tires dirty, maybe he'll even let me drive it a little. :steer::steer::steer:

$30 covers wheeling and the Saturday meal for paid members and their family?

$30 covers wheeling and the Saturday meal for paid members and their family?

Yes, If you are a member and pay the $30 entry fee to Ralph, you (and your family) get to wheel and camp Friday-Sunday as well as eat at the dinner Saturday night. You only have to pay the $10 for the Saturday meal if you have not paid this year's dues.

It's also worth mentioning that we will have GA Cruisers magnetic koozies as well as shirts for sale. Koozies are $6 each or $5 when you buy 3 or more and shirts (I'm not exactly sure of the sizes we have remaining) are $23 each.

So, can I join the club at the Annual? And what about directions, or is there going to be a meeting place and a blindfolded drive to the secret location?

So, can I join the club at the Annual? And what about directions, or is there going to be a meeting place and a blindfolded drive to the secret location?
Haha no blind fold necessary. I'll get you the directions today.

I am planning on attending, I will be with my brother again for the head count. I have tried to call HENRY, but he is to busy on the left coast. HENRY if you are out there come back!!!

I will be there Saturday only, kids have soccer, swimming on Sunday

IF i can find the time between starting a new job and flying home from NY i will come up early Saturday for the day. Hopefully with my wife and maybe one of our furry kids (little dogs). We are happy to pay the price for the weekend for one day. I doubt we will stay for dinner but maybe. What time do you think you guys will leave "camp" and start wheeling? We would want to get there before that.

Gates will probably be closed, but not locked around 10 - 11pm, then re-opened around 8 - 830. If you arrive on site late Friday night, please close the gates back behind you. Gates will be open all day on Saturday. I am not sure if there is a scheduled trail ride time, but usually the morning is reserved for registration and relaxing around camp. That said, there are no restrictions on ride times or the number of trucks required, etc.

All trails are marked with "ski slope colors" (black is most difficult, blue medium, green easy), so feel free to partner up with someone and go ride at any time. The property is only about 200 acres, so it is almost impossible to get lost for very long.

There should be a registration table of some kind at the front entrance, maybe Patrick or someone else can chime in on that. If you arrive later in the day or come for dinner and registration is closed, PLEASE make sure that you find someone to sign you in an receive admission fees. Everyone will need to sign a waiver, as this is private property and part of our agreement with the land owner. Copies will be available at registration in the morning. After that, I am not sure how it will be handled.

If you are pulling a trailer or bringing an RV, you will be asked to parked at the boat ramp or at the far end of the gravel drive. Please do not park on the grass around the pavilion or RV areas, as Ralph has just over seeded for the Fall planting season.

Please feel free to bring your own food, drinks, snacks, games, etc., to enjoy when you are not on the trails. For those who have not been or have not been recently, this is an awesome piece of private property and we are very fortunate to have access to it.

DZLtoy mentioned trap shooting up there. I have some clay pigeons and a hand thrower, and a shotgun if anyone is interested.

I bought a white elephant. If that doesn't happen, it can be thrown in the raffle, or straws drawn for it or something.

If there is a place to shoot rimfire, I have a couple relatively quiet .22's I can bring.

Normally, that would not be a problem, but there is a private fund raiser at the property next door this weekend, so it is a no go.

For that same reason, please make sure that you enter the correct gate for Ralph's property and not for Mike's log home next door. Maybe someone can put out a sign at the road. There is a short paved section at the top, then it turns into gravel. Mike's drive is paved completely. I believe Ralph's gate is red.

.22LR? How about suppressed weapons? I have some "quiet" weapons if we are in for a suppressor shoot?

Actually i dont know yet if i can attend. I will know in the next few hours if my new job starts tomorrow or next week. If i start next week i might be able to come up Saturday.

Miranda, Sam, and I will be up there Friday night. I will be there till Sunday, but Miranda and Sam will head out on Saturday. Look forward to seeing everyone and hopefully hearing about this epic journey out West from Ted and maybe Henry...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom