Gear shift shock when change from Reverse to Drive (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Please help i have Gear shift shock when change from Reverse to Drive , there is a jerk or knock sound when i change from 1. reverse to drive light jerk and 2. Strong jerk from drive to reverse.

1. my all gears are shifting normaly
2. I changed front differential bush
3. I greased my shaft all 6 nippels

what to do ? My differential front works fine

I dont know what to do
Some said me transmission issue
Some said differential issue and play

i dont know what is correct.
I stay in BAHRAIN ANd in bahrain there are NO GOOD MECHANIC?
What can i do

shall i live with this problem ??

Keep regreasing the slip yokes on the driveshaft over time. You will see the slip yoke move a bit when grease is getting in there properly. I waited 3000 miles between regreasing and it was too long (I don't drive too much recently).

Put it on a lift. Turn the front and rear wheels on one side with the car in park. The diff backlash before the other wheel turns should not exceed 1/8 of a turn. Now check the play on each u-joint - any discernible play replace it. Check for play in the slip-joint, if not too bad suck it up and grease more often.

I reckon most of the play in situations like this is coming from the CV/HUB Flange.

My experience is that the front diff mount brackets are shot and need replacement. I went with the whole new plate with the bushings and zero noise since. I had the exact same issue as you describe.

My experience is that the front diff mount brackets are shot and need replacement. I went with the whole new plate with the bushings and zero noise since. I had the exact same issue as you describe.

the plate on the front of the diff?

I reckon most of the play in situations like this is coming from the CV/HUB Flange.

That's what my money is on too. I just got mine replaced and it is a night and day difference when shifting and when letting off the throttle at speed

the plate on the front of the diff?
Yessir. Instead of replacing just the bushings..just did a new plate with the oem bushings included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom