Gear box breather deep wading, new shockers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi I am new to posting but have been on the side lines for some time. I have 3 Cruiser's one hj45 and 2 60's one of which I am restoring.We live on a cattle property and a creek crosses it I have totallt rebuilt the 45 and added a snorkle and am worried about water ingress into the gear box. I know the gear box breaths throught the stick, but with deep wading does water get in?
Today after a storm we needed to check the cows and in crossing the creek was over the bonnet and we needed to let the water out after we crossed.
Does water get into the gear box?
If so can it be stopped on deep wading?
Also I need to change the shock absorbers are efs or kyb any good, if not any recomendations??

I was worried about the same issue with my 700r4 and orion hd. i was told to use the lokar stich which has oring seals at the top and bottom. I also extended the orion brather high up in the Engine compartment. i think that will do it.

I thought the hj45 breathed through the top of the gear box were the shifter atatches. I have extended the transfere breather, but what can I do about the gear box if that is its breather?

Hi All:

Humm, I agree with you "Chop," my understanding is that the transmission does "breath" through the shift tower.

Not sure what the hard-core guys do to keep water out of that gearbox. You might try posting in the "hard core" section here on MUD.

Good luck!

Alan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom