gas tank restoration in centex? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an 88 62 that LCS iss trying to get up and running....have rust in tank and they are at a loss, for some reason, as to where to take it to have the work done on it....any ideas who does this near Austin.. I know of one place but it is in Waller.

There was a gas tank recall on 60's and maybe 62's a while ago. Do a search and/or go by the local Toyota dealer to see if you are eligible for a new gas tank. Worth a try.

@tucker74 , didn't you have your old FJ55 tank cleaned and sealed by someone in Houston?

There was a gas tank recall on 60's and maybe 62's a while ago. Do a search and/or go by the local Toyota dealer to see if you are eligible for a new gas tank. Worth a try.
Thanks Dave, tried that and it was done according to Chas mond.

Hit up my two parts sources: @cruiserjunktion or @Redgrrr . Deo at Cruiserjunktion usually has FJ60/62 stuff and is fairly priced and a good guy to deal with. Redgrr has helped me out on FJ40 stuff, but might have 62 stuff as well.

You can check with radiator shops in your area. Same equipment used to boil out radiators works for gas tanks.

We have lone star radiator down here in San Antonio, I’ve taken them a few 62 tanks...it’s hit or miss whether it will work or not depending on the rust, but they haven’t charged me when it didn’t work. Might be worth a shot if you can find someone locally.

You can check with radiator shops in your area. Same equipment used to boil out radiators works for gas tanks.

We have lone star radiator down here in San Antonio, I’ve taken them a few 62 tanks...it’s hit or miss whether it will work or not depending on the rust, but they haven’t charged me when it didn’t work. Might be worth a shot if you can find someone locally.
thank you and good idea.....truck sat for a year w only a couple of gallons in it, rust did not look too bad.

Hit up my two parts sources: @cruiserjunktion or @Redgrrr . Deo at Cruiserjunktion usually has FJ60/62 stuff and is fairly priced and a good guy to deal with. Redgrr has helped me out on FJ40 stuff, but might have 62 stuff as well.
Thanks dave, will do after seeing if rad shop can help.

60 tanks are available 62 tanks are NLA, I have a NIB 60 tank if your interested.

60 tanks are available 62 tanks are NLA, I have a NIB 60 tank if your interested.
Thanks, having tank refurbished....amazing no 62 tanks, even through Toyota.....guess the 62 tank recall used them all up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom