Gasoline disposal S Austin/San Marcos? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

t-o

Threads
Hi all,

Does anyone know where in south Austin/San Marcos I can dispose of old gasoline? There's at least 10 gallons (but could be 20+ gal) in a boat from Oct 2020, and another 5 or 8 gal in fuel jugs, and another 3 or 5 gallons in my FJ40. I've asked a few shops if i could pay them to dispose but no dice finding anyone yet.

Thanks! Tim

Hi all,

Does anyone know where in south Austin/San Marcos I can dispose of old gasoline? There's at least 10 gallons (but could be 20+ gal) in a boat from Oct 2020, and another 5 or 8 gal in fuel jugs, and another 3 or 5 gallons in my FJ40. I've asked a few shops if i could pay them to dispose but no dice finding anyone yet.

Thanks! Tim
As long as you are an Austin resident. You can go here and drop it off: Recycle and Reuse Drop-off Center | AustinTexas.gov - https://www.austintexas.gov/dropoff - super easy and free.

The City of San Marcos has a free hazardous dropoff as well. It's across 80 from the big HEB. It's only open a couple days a week and you need to show proof of residence.

Thanks! I contacted City of San Marcos Resource Recovery who was helpful - As a Hays county resident I can dispose of old gasoline there, and they prefer it arrive in pourable containers that I can bring back home. That is preferred rather than me dropping off or arriving with a 55gal drum. They are open Tue and Friday. I’ll probably take a few trips with my Jerry cans and will let y’all know how it goes! Many thanks for the leads. Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom