Game Day

It's freaking crazy downtown, like the Olympics all over again.
My office is right on W. Georgia and Seymour, with a great view of all the crazies :p

Website
www.flickr.com
bring on the riots!
every glass shop around the lower mainland is cheering right now and the lawyers for the insurance companies are looking at the fine print to not cover it.

How quick they turn! Took the dogs out for a walk after the game. Some guy was driving around with his famly in a truck flying a Bruins flag.

The riots have started..

Canucks fans erupt in anger after loss - British Columbia - CBC News

Here was my view from happier times at about 2:30 today.
IMG076.jpg

Website
www.flickr.com
the stupid few will once again ruin it for the rest. Hope no one gets seriously hurt but I have a feeling that nothing positive will come out of this.
Although it's interesting how quickly in this day and age the news spreads, I'm watching it on the news and getting updates via the web of latest videos uploaded about this.

Mat that's too funny.

so sad what's happening downtown. After an amazing year, once again a few hundred, maybe thousand idiots make Vancouver look like a total war zone.

What really gets me is the contrast between these Vancouver cowards and those around the world who engage in protest or even riot who are fighting for basic freedoms and living conditions we take for granted. I think an appropriate sentence for the Vancouver rioters would be 3 months in the likes of a Syrian jail. It would do them a lot more good than 2 years in a Canadian jail. (Of course, we'd be lucky if they see a month in jail here.) :censor:

I remember back in the 80s when we had the Grey Cup in Vancouver. Being students, of course we didn't have tickets. But a large group of us headed downtown from UBC. We started a game of touch foot ball on the Art Gallery lawn and soon the police blocked off Georgia so we could take the game to the street. Hundreds of people were playing foot ball. No one got intentionally hurt (beside the odd wipe-out on the pavement). No one's livelihood got damaged or destroyed. Sad to see how far we have come... :meh:

Granite Grinder

IH8RUST
Doesn't only happen in Canada:
France braces for riots as protests turn violent - Europe, World - The Independent

Same sort of thing, vandals roaming around looking for something to smash.
Of course, this was a protest and not a sporting event. This one was a sporting event:
Tajik Soccer Fans Riot After 'Favoritism' For President's Son's Team - Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty © 2011
And this:
Police officer dies in Italian soccer riot
It happens all the time, just not in our backyard. Hopefully the soccer fans here are more laid back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom