Builds G.T.'s 1990 HZJ77HV-PEU tech thread. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, all three. I'm just a geezer with too much pride that refuses to fill his eyeglass prescription.
In the interest of full disclosure, my rear seat is folded up which allows the rear dome light to illuminate the cargo area without interference from the seat back.

In the interest of full disclosure, my rear seat is folded up which allows the rear dome light to illuminate the cargo area without interference from the seat back.

While optimal to be sure, I doubt my sons mother, or the police would think kindly to my stuffing the boy and the dog under the folded up rear seat.

image.jpg
The 60 Series has a rear cargo light and Rob makes a kit for it. Perhaps there is a power source back there that would allow to adapt that application.

That's just sad - y'all need some friends in the back seat.... :)

Finally made the time to swap out the previous owners rear air shocks with the OME Nitrochargers I bought from Kurt @cruiseroutfit. I wanted to remove the rear leveling/lowering block the previous owner had placed in there as well but I was timid as I was afraid that I would run out of thread on the U-bolts. Upon further inspection I believe that I may have enough thread after all and the true issue will be that I may want to trim some of the bolts off a bit to add some clearance.

IMG_2190.jpg
IMG_2192.jpg
IMG_2191.jpg

IMG_2201.JPG
IMG_2204.JPG

Front leaf packs removed and broken down to add the new leaf I got from Kurt @cruiseroutfit. I need to get back under it and tinker with the front u-bolts as my alignment is slightly off now. Also got the previous owners one inch lowering blocks out of the rear end. All in all this netted me one inch of suspension lift front and back and drastically reduced the sketchy front end roll felt when cornering on the street. Will test changes at the "Fall Crawl" event this weekend.

Went to the Tornado Alley Cruisers event this past weekend and had a great time and saw some awesome Toyotas.

IMG_2424.jpg
IMG_2421.jpg
IMG_2406.jpg
IMG_2351.jpg
IMG_2431.jpg

Here is a video made by a friend of me driving up the same section that the red 4Runner is on in the third picture. You can hear the tires rubbing the corrugated section of the rear wheel well which causes me some frustration. I'm plotting on what to do so I can have a bit more flex and still keep the mild road manners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom