Builds G.T.'s 1990 HZJ77HV-PEU tech thread. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@SteveJackson hooked me up with a complete set of OEM window visors that are complete with all of the hardware and no cracks. They are awesome and are a real treat for highway cruising. On to the bad about this Cruiser. While on a wheeling trip I bent the right rear mudflap and when it happened it cracked the part of the fiberglass fender flare that it connects to. I thought about getting a new mudflap and just installing it but I reckon that I would feel better knowing that the next owner knew that the little section of the flare was damaged. Install a new flap and the damage is hidden. Still has the safety flare on the passenger side kick panel.

IMG_4103.JPG
IMG_4104.JPG
IMG_4105.JPG
IMG_4106.JPG

IMG_4119.JPG

Continued...

Left all of the stickers alone as I know that they help tell the story of it's history and I'm including a "Doug's Tub" that I got from @wardharris. If you don't have one of these, you need one.

IMG_4118.JPG
IMG_4120.JPG

I'll take better pictures once I get it cleaned up and put new tires on it. Heading back in for a heavy dialysis session tomorrow and again on Saturday and will be with family over the weekend but I look forward to answering any questions that you may have when I log back in.

I have been looking for your landcruiser for about 6 months now. Came across this forum by chance. When I googled your vin no.
I have read your posts. Love the work you have done with the vehicle.
I have a 3 door landcruiser.
I hope your health is holding up.
I am interested in purchasing it. Please contact me.

Left all of the stickers alone as I know that they help tell the story of it's history and I'm including a "Doug's Tub" that I got from @wardharris. If you don't have one of these, you need one.

View attachment 1466885View attachment 1466886

I'll take better pictures once I get it cleaned up and put new tires on it. Heading back in for a heavy dialysis session tomorrow and again on Saturday and will be with family over the weekend but I look forward to answering any questions that you may have when I log back in.

How can I contact you

I have been looking for your landcruiser for about 6 months now. Came across this forum by chance. When I googled your vin no.
I have read your posts. Love the work you have done with the vehicle.
I have a 3 door landcruiser.
I hope your health is holding up.
I am interested in purchasing it. Please contact me.

How can I contact you

Thanks for the kind words, I've replied to your PM and look forward to speaking with you.

Booked some time with my mate to get the 77 onto his lift so we can get the lockers in that @wardharris sold me last year. No matter what happens with this beauty I want to drive it with the lockers in it. Going to have to find a fifth wheel to complete the set as I'm ordering a new set of tires and balance beads as well.

Was going to try a little simple green mix on the wheels to see if I could get them looking sharp but the wife stole the LandCruiser this morning for her daily commute leaving me with her 4Runner.

Good morning!!!

Yes absolutely! Do you need the switch and pigtails or just the part numbers so you can get them locally?

Always happy to help.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers

Lockers installed with a little panic during the process. I ordered them over a year ago and @wardharris at Cruiser Brothers shipped them out. ECGS sent me a set of 4.56 gears that went in with them. Didn't get to install them until a year later due to my medical stuff. Dropped the works off to my friend Austin at Wolf-Fab.com and he calls me the next day telling me that I screwed up and ordered the wrong size locker for the front. I realize that after a year of sitting here and never checking the part number I have to own the situation. So I call Ward and explain that the cruiser is on the rack and I have the wrong size locker. He doesn't say anything for about ten seconds - but it felt like an eternity - and then simply tells me that he owns the mistake and that he's going to make it right. And he did, I had the correct sized locker in hand fast and installed directly after.

Wrap your head around the high points here. A year old purchase with an issue that should have been identified a very long time ago by the customer and he simply says, "I sent you the wrong one in error and I'm making it right for you by shipping the correct one out now."

You're a Legend mate. So excited to be testing out these babies at Windrock this weekend. Sure hope I get to shake your hand when I get there.

Well, shucks Gary........but no credit due here.

My partner Georg taught me well :)

Sorry to say tha family obligations will keep me home this week. Sorry I won't have the pleasure, sir :(

Happy trails, stay safe :cheers:

Just checking in here... I rememeber seeing this one on LDC awhile ago... always kicked my self for not getting it. Those stock wheels look... sweet as heck. Super jealous. Dream car. Guess Ill just stick with my 100......................................................

Been quiet lately as I’ve been dealing with kidney failure issues. The 77 is still running like a champ and I’ve got new tires on it using the hard to find 16” OEM wheels.

Stayed with the Cooper Discoveror S/T Maxx but in 255/85/16. The 35s on the Hutchinson’s looked awesome but the unsprung weight was just too high. Just get a fifth wheel for the spare from @SteveJackson and getting it mounted today so I can start the five tire rotation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom