FZJ80 Cummins VE 4BT NV4500 2WD/ 4WD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RECEIVED A FJ62 TRANSFER CASE SHIFT KNOB FROM CRUISER YARD . WE USE THEM WHENEVER WE NEED THAT RANDOM MISSING OR BROKEN PART. GREAT SERVICE AND FAST SHIPPING!

WWW.CRUISERYARD.COM

cruiseryardwebheadertest222_thumb.png

IMG_20141021_163824086.jpg

TEST DRIVES ARE IN FULL SWING! PUTTING MILES ON THE CRESWELL. :cheers:
IMG_20141020_102525040.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have an exhaust on that thing or are they just that obnoxious ? Don't get me wrong, that's a slick swap you did, but damn that was loud.

Yeah, thats a good question and worth restating. The exhaust is currently routed out the pass fender so it is louder than it will be once we install a full system. Until them, I'm enjoying it! :cheers:

Love your fj80 my dad and i just sold ours and were getting the blues over it. It sucks. We're still looking for one in Cali. When we find it she's going to be a keeper. Good luck on your project.

Yeah, thats a good question and worth restating. The exhaust is currently routed out the pass fender so it is louder than it will be once we install a full system. Until them, I'm enjoying it! :cheers:

It would be interesting to see a video comparing the two.

That is pretty much exactly that I am running. I love it. The exhaust will be a big help plus I put a ton of sound deadening inside.
The 4500 is miles and miles better than the older 700r4 swap method. My only suggestion would be marks gears for the TC.

Really happy with how the vehicle turned out, frankly surprised by the lack of sound and vibration. It sounds like a tractor from the outside, for sure but once inside. Its fine. Perfectly reasonable. The vibrations are well within reason too. We've experience much much worse.

The only downside, the 4BT in stock form is underpowered. And since we are leaving it up to the new owner to decide whether they want to go mild or wild, it is what it is. :meh:

We wouldn't hesitate to do another 4BT, the room to work with in the engine compartment and overall weight are hard to beat. Using to stock air filter housing is nice too. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom