FYI when looking for parts online (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I think many of us assume that when we buy parts online in a Toyota box that they are genuine. I will be paying more attention to where my parts are coming from from now on.

Time to check the filters I got on Amazon, all of them are from Thailand and purchased through a dealer

Last edited:
You get what you pay for

ebay, facebook marketplace, amazon are thieves' and counterfeiter's paradise... I deal with this on a daily basis at work.
The guy is right, deal with and support a reputable business

I think many of us assume that when we buy parts online in a Toyota box that they are genuine. I will be paying more attention to where my parts are coming from from now on.

Excellent info, thanks for posting!

I think I pay just over 4 bucks each for oil filters from the dealer. Usually buy 6 at a time.

I know there are a lot of counterfeit Denso coils sold for the 2UZ.

Same with Denso plugs. I got fake ones for the Prius on Amazon. They refunded me no questions asked when I said they were fake.
How did you figure out they were fake?

I have ordered some parts from Vescovo Toyota of Las Cruces, the prices are competitive even with shipping included.

Vince

So if parts are no longer supported by Toyota, where do you go, what brand do you trust?
I’m shocked that plug wires for an early 88 v6 4Runner are no longer supported

So if parts are no longer supported by Toyota, where do you go, what brand do you trust?
I’m shocked that plug wires for an early 88 v6 4Runner are no longer supported
You can get Denso and Aisin at Rockauto. Though, after what David said about his fake Denso experience I'm starting to wonder. They are a supporting vendor at MUD so I hope they sell the real deal.

Last edited:
Its not about if Toyota doesn’t make them or not.
There are people counterfeiting Toyota parts. They are putting Toyota’s name on the part and it’s not a Toyota part.

You can get Denso and Aisin at Rockauto. Though, after what David said about his fake Denso experience I'm starting to wonder. They are a supporting vendor at MUD so I hope they sell the real deal.

I was wondering as well. I've bought some Denso coils from Rock Auto to keep as temporary spares since I've got 8 of them to worry about.

example:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom