Fuse box (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im doing a light resto on my 47 and bought a blade fuse panel to replace the factory tube one. the new box has one positive input wire that has several individually fused outputs. is the new fuse box fine to use as it has a common power input and seperate outputs or do i need a different fuse block?

With that single input fuse box you’ll either have all circuits switched to the ignition switch or all live all the time. So with the former wiring setup if the ignition is off everything is off from that fuse box, and with the latter everything can still be left on when you shut the ignition off. Your choice. I prefer both switched and unswitched circuits.

It depends on your needs. I personally like to have a few circuits that are energized with the key in the ACC position. The headlights horn and hazards are always unswitched.

Can you post pics of the new one or share the model? Some can be easily modified to have some circuits switched, or you could have a second box for the switched circuits.

With that single input fuse box you’ll either have all circuits switched to the ignition switch or all live all the time. So with the former wiring setup if the ignition is off everything is off from that fuse box, and with the latter everything can still be left on when you shut the ignition off. Your choice. I prefer both switched and unswitched circuits.
I didnt think aabout that thanks mate. i should be able to split the input so some are acc and some always have power. Cheers

Can you post pics of the new one or share the model? Some can be easily modified to have some circuits switched, or you could have a second box for the switched circuits.
yeah this one can easily be modified to have two input. I neverr thought about some being acc and some having constant. Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom