Fuse box jumper - What have they done? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.sswsweb.com
I purchased a 98 Land Cruiser last fall that has sit and had multiple problems. During this time we have got it running mechanically like a dream. So we are now focusing on some side items and I need some help.

When we received the cruiser, the fuse box has a jumper wire. I am not mechanically minded, can someone tell me what they have done and if/how I can properly fix it?

Thanks!
fuse_cover.jpg
fuse_box_wire.jpg

My guess is they bypassed the alarm immobilizer.
On the older ones the alarm goes wonky and kills the fuel so it will not start, so you run a jumper wire.

Someone who knows a hell of a lot more than me will chime in, but thats what it looks like to me.

I agree with Spike555. the engine immobilizer is connected to the EFI circuit. The circuit becomes weak over time as apparent by the multiple posts associated with engine cranks but will not start or engine immobilizer issues. It looks like to me that someone found a different fix for the weak circuit Like creating an alternate circuit for power the the EFI instead of the 10 amp EFI fuse. You will need to research some related posts.

Stumbled onto this thread! Interesting, I found a similar jumper in mine, but looks like it was run to the Ign #1 instead!?

20210614_103222.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom