Full Hydro Steering on an 80 info? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for some information. I turned my 93 Landcruiser into a full buggy during the COVID shut down, with the help of Ironpig Offroad. The front is three linked, stock axle housing, I have not posted up details on the build yet but will soon. When we did the front, we decide to move the tie rod and the relay (drag) link in front of the axle. This was done by swapping the steering arms and modifying them slightly. I am running a 60 series Y link for the relay (drag link). I am looking for input or knowledge about converting over to full hydro. I am hoping someone has done this before and can point me in the right direction.

I am currently running the 1FZ-FE stock power steering pump. Does anyone know the flow rates for the pump and the pressure output.
I am in the process of figuring out my dual ram length, I think it should be 6" or 8". What are others running?

I have been using search, but I will admit, I am not great with it, I have found lots of threads for hydro assist on an 80 but not full hydro.

Thanks in advance.

Doesn't full hydro ditch the traditional links? Seems like most guys mount the ram and then work out the parts legos to attach each end of the ram to a respective knuckle arm.

Yes Full Hydro switches the traditional steering linkage and steering box. I was trying to find out if anyone has had any luck running Full Hydro with a stock power steering pump. I have already ordered a setup and plan on mounting a belt driven power staring pump on the passenger side of the motor where the AC compressor lived. Just waiting on parts to show up.

good starter

Thanks for the links. I ordered up a trail gear setup. 8" ram. I think the hardest part is going to be building the mount for the new power steering pump. Waiting on parts to come in.

Thanks for the links. I ordered up a trail gear setup. 8" ram. I think the hardest part is going to be building the mount for the new power steering pump. Waiting on parts to come in.
same struggle here. Im running the OG F series motor and haven't figured out how to run a pump on it yet without swapping out my air cleaner and whatever else. Also want to run a tc style pump not saginaw.

My plan is to run a toyota PS pump off of a 3.4 tacoma. I plan on mounting in down low on the passenger side where my AC compressor was. This gives me direct access to the crank pulley. I am not 100% sure what I am going to do with my stock pump yet. I may remove it or loop it, leaning towards removing it, and creating a block off plate. Will post up pics after I get it complete.

My plan is to run a toyota PS pump off of a 3.4 tacoma. I plan on mounting in down low on the passenger side where my AC compressor was. This gives me direct access to the crank pulley. I am not 100% sure what I am going to do with my stock pump yet. I may remove it or loop it, leaning towards removing it, and creating a block off plate. Will post up pics after I get it complete.
make an extra bracket 😍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom