fuel tank skid plate? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
does any one make an aftermarket fuel tank skid plate for the first gen 4runner?

or,

what have you all done to toughen up your stock one?

I added some 1/4" flat bar strap to the stock tank protector. I used to see it as a potential weak area, but got to say, I don't think I've ever so much as scratched it.

I took a Skid Row Nissan Xterra skid plate and modified it to bolt in. Works quite well, but I do have to take it off about once a year to bend it back straight since it gets beaten pretty hard since it it 3/16". Haven't had any issues with it and got a good deal on it since they are just a few miles away.

jtaco -
Any pictures of the Xterra skid plate? Also what model year was it from? :beer:

I took a Skid Row Nissan Xterra skid plate and modified it to bolt in. Works quite well, but I do have to take it off about once a year to bend it back straight since it gets beaten pretty hard since it it 3/16". Haven't had any issues with it and got a good deal on it since they are just a few miles away.

That's it, you just have to trim the sides down since they are taller than what fits the tank and then make the brackets to bolt in - not bad to do and took a few hours with the plasma, welder, and a little bit of scrap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom