Fuel Rack Problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
3B Deisel
I've been getting water in the gas filter. I removed the canister bottom screw and it was filled with crud. Now the fuel rack does not move properly. The stop arm does not fully move back and forth with the arm removed.
20200709_084812.jpg
20200704_122920.jpg

That looks like a water trap and it would not affect the workings of the pump when you release the water and mud in the trap.
You probably need to empty your tank as well. They have a bung in the tank. I would but some sort of diesel cleaner or petrol in there before emptying it.

I would start by washing the sand off the pump.
How much movement has the fuel lever lost?

That looks like a water trap and it would not affect the workings of the pump when you release the water and mud in the trap.
You probably need to empty your tank as well. They have a bung in the tank. I would but some sort of diesel cleaner or petrol in there before emptying it.

I would start by washing the sand off the pump.
How much movement has the fuel lever lost?
I remove all the diesel out of the tank The stop Arm does not move to the stop position

I remove all the diesel out of the tank The stop Arm does not move to the stop position
Clean the crap as stated.
Remove the arm. Unit should start. To stop you will have to either move the lever by hand or stall in 3rd gear.
If the Edic arm does not cycle then look at why.
Otherwise you can install a manual cut off control similar to what's found on industrial engines or old tractors.

Has this vehicle been sitting for a long time?

You may need to remove the pump or open it up in situ. But it sounds like an internal problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom