Fuel pump and filter - 1998 Year Model (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can someone tell me where the fuel filter and fuel pump are located? I want to be proactive and replace the fuel filter, but would like to know it's location and how easy it is to get to. I have changed them out on many other vehicles before. I can look for it, but thought someone might be able to save me the time of hunting for it.

Also, where is the fuel pump? Is it inside the gas tank like it was with my Tahoe? If so, does it cost $600 to replace like it did in my tahoe?

Thanks for any input you can provide. :D

Fuel pump and filter

What year is your Cruiser?

Wayne S :cheers:

Re:Fuel pump and filter

The pump is in the tank. I have the pump and need warm weather to swap it out.
The filter is under the intake manifold. Its a bear to change. You do it mostly by feel but it can be done.

to add to the fuel pump, yes its in the tank, but there is an access panel under the 2nd row seats that lets you replace the pump without droping the tank

[quote author=landtoy80 link=board=2;threadid=12228;start=msg112191#msg112191 date=1077979317]
The pump is in the tank. I have the pump and need warm weather to swap it out.
The filter is under the intake manifold. Its a bear to change. You do it mostly by feel but it can be done.
[/quote]

Greg,

I've been told that notching the holes on the fuel filter will make installation a lot easier. FYI, Toyota doesn't have a recommended interval for replacing the fuel filter so you may want to buy one, notch it, and replace it whenever the original fails.

-B-

Fuel pump and filter

>>The filter is under the intake manifold. Its a bear to change. You do it mostly by feel but it can be done.

I thought that was the fuel filter I spied under there. I can't wait to change. ::)

Fuel pump and filter

Is the fuel filter located under the intake manifold on a 3F engine as it is on a 1FZ ????

Fuel pump and filter

no, its on the inside of the passanger side frame rail, right about at the firewall.

[quote author=Wayne link=board=2;threadid=12228;start=msg112557#msg112557 date=1078057172]
Is the fuel filter located under the intake manifold on a 3F engine as it is on a 1FZ ????

[/quote]

Fuel pump and filter

Thanks, I still don't know what year Cruiser the guy that started this thread is making reference to ???.

Fuel pump and filter

Sorry Wayne, I have a 98 LC.

Kurt,
This is supposed to make installation easier on the 80s.

Fuel%20Filter.jpeg

Greg,
Put your vehicle specifics in your sig line.

-B-

Fuel pump and filter

98 I think the Fuel filter(at least it looks like one) is on the driverside fender, easy to get to

[quote author=greglomax link=board=2;threadid=12228;start=msg112597#msg112597 date=1078068336]
Sorry Wayne, I have a 98 LC.
[/quote]

No it wasn't. He changed the subject line after our questions.
-B-

That is correct.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom