fuel filter assy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

http://shop.cruiserparts.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=44_98&products_id=1526

Hi guys, i have a problem with my fuel filter assy and they sell this

You can get that part from aussie ebay for about $70.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LANDCRUI...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ab9e2d6c0

but mine has a fuel heater,it is for a pzj 75 from 1992,is the fuel heater an essential piece or not?

For the majority I would say no,unless you are heading into arctic conditions

Do you mean one of the pipes on the fuel primer is leaking?
Ive never removed one on a 1HZ filter/primer ,but on others they normally screw out.

yes they maybe pressed in. some of them are removeable so you repair the one way valves.

I wouldnt stress,there is dozens of alternatives to what you have on ebay.

If you are going to remote locations, a generic type like the 296 filter might be the best and cheaper than the toyota type

I had one of these and it Worked great on the 1HZ and the filters are $3-4 each
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DIESEL-F...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c29d1a731

hey rosco,i solved the problem by drilling it out and tapt a new pipe in it, now i fabricated a double fuel filter system with a delphi prefilter before the main filter, connected al the pipes and start pumping but no fuel is coming in,the main filter is full of diesel but still nothing any suggestions

Do you have it plumbed correct?
Sounds stupid for me asking but it is something that should be asked....

The fuel line that comes in to the engine bay from the tank goes in to the delphi and from the delphi it goes to where that fuel line was original,but i will take some pics to show you.

Does it have some arrows on the fuel pipes to show fuel direction?

If you dont have any luck,disconnect the delphi prefilter and see if it will pump just with main filter.

Does the delphi have a primer pump as well?

maybe this will work

might be usefull
professional-vacuum-brake-bleeding-pump-kit-set-reverse-brake-bleeder-917-p.jpg

Was the primer working ok immediately prior to pre filter installation?
If all lines are secure and the flow is correct ,it points to the primer pump as being faulty.
Maybe it had enough pressure to draw fuel from the tank but adding the pre filter has pushed it past its limit.
Can you feel any pressure when you pump?

Is the seal good on the main filter,they can leak around there.

Im assuming there is a good supply of fuel in the tank.

i will test the whole system again,yes it worked fine and before when i pumped i felt pressure but now if no fuel is coming in there is some pressure ,i think it is to weak for filling two filters i will try it again with one ,fuel tank is full,otherwise such a vacuumpomp will do the trick, i'll let you know,thanks

:bounce::bounce::bounce:fixed it,with a vacuum cleaner,a jar an a hose,filters filled right up, vacuum cleaner to:whoops:

Next time you try to fill th filters using the primer button on the main filter, to fill both filters, make sure the main filter is empty as well, It takes a long time to pump the fuel through and not pushing against a full filter makes it work easier and in fact work.

If the main filter is full you can also fill your pre filter by pouring some fuel in and then toping it off by the primer button or just start the car and let the system purge itself letting the vehicle run at idle for a few minutes.

I have no primer on my vehilce and so when I change filters I just fill my filters with fuel, knowing the lines are probably emptying, start the car go was my hands and put the tools away and take her for a run. By then any air is purged and all is good with the world.

Just a suggestion, saves blowing up shop vacs...

Next time you try to fill th filters using the primer button on the main filter, to fill both filters, make sure the main filter is empty as well, It takes a long time to pump the fuel through and not pushing against a full filter makes it work easier and in fact work.

If the main filter is full you can also fill your pre filter by pouring some fuel in and then toping it off by the primer button or just start the car and let the system purge itself letting the vehicle run at idle for a few minutes.

I have no primer on my vehilce and so when I change filters I just fill my filters with fuel, knowing the lines are probably emptying, start the car go was my hands and put the tools away and take her for a run. By then any air is purged and all is good with the world.

Just a suggestion, saves blowing up shop vacs...

This is what I do as well and I have a primer. The fuel pump is still full so it will run for a while.Sometimes it runs on 3-4 cyls but after about 10 seconds it clears the air out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom