Fuel door spring install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Delta VS

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
deltavs.com
Hi all,

Just had a customer ask for some directions on how to install the fuel door spring. Searched around to see if there was anything specific for these yet, but the best was "it's tricky, do it on the bench".

So in case anybody else needs this in the future:

Step 1: remove door (Phillips or 8mm socket)
Step 2: slide spring as far as you can towards hinge
Step 3: put hinge in closed position
Step 4: with 90* pick, come in from the backside of the hinge and carefully pull spring over the hinge rod in a prying motion
Step 5: reinstall door

Pics were taken after the install was finished, not while, but should convey the necessary info.

IMG_1536.jpg
IMG_1537.jpg
IMG_1538.jpg

Thank you for sharing. Saved

I tried to install that spring just recently (at night), couldn't figure it out (door still attached), so threw in the towel. Thanks for posting up the procedure

Now if I can just find that little buggar.

I tried to install that spring just recently (at night), couldn't figure it out (door still attached), so threw in the towel. Thanks for posting up the procedure

Now if I can just find that little buggar.

Of course!

We’ve got them, but available from local parts stores too according to YouTube. Some Dorman part number.

As always I should have searched first. I took the door off but used a flathead screwdriver to try and push from the inside. I got it in but broke it. All the stuff I do and I can't get this done!

Thanks for the instructions. I'll use the pick after I pick up another spring.

And just for completion:

The OEM spring should be -> 77360-33020

And the Dorman equivalent appears to be -> Dorman 47208

cheers,
george.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom