FTBShop New Project! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.finishingtouchaz.com
I recently sold my beloved pickup:
DSC_4599.jpg

because it was time to move on to a new project.
So here it is!
DSC_4757.jpg

DSC_4767.jpg

It's a 78 FJ40 with 73000 original miles. It's been sitting for many years, so it will take a lot of work to bring it back to life.

Plans are to restore to factory specs.

PS: If anyone has a line on an intake manifold and carb for a 78 2f, pm me.

WOW! That pick up looks amazing. Good luck with the build. I have a 78 FJ40 that came with a Weber carb and the PO gave me the original Aisin carb, if I decide not to rebuild it I will PM you.

She's a beaut Clark, I am ready to spin a wrench or two:grinpimp:

Last edited:
PS: If anyone has a line on an intake manifold and carb for a 78 2f, pm me.[/QUOTE]

Maybe Khristal can order you the parts?

Sweet! :clap:

I am ready for the build thread with updates as you go ~

I heard little to no rust :)

I seen that one on CL. Looked like a nice late seventies cruiser. I would try waxing the paint and decals. Those decal are period correct. But looking at your pickup I bet you already know that. I wish one of my cruiser had those decals but I've finally hit my limit. Probably won't get caught by the bezel police in the club section but flip the bezel anyway.:cheers:

Heard they were painted on and not decals....

Funny how the trends change for appearance packages over the years. What was cool then .....

man, Id love one of those

640x479-l000000003800011.jpg

Nice work shop ;)

Boy this image takes me back. You are starting with a much better restoration candidate than I did. Whats scary is that I remember seeing FJ40s with those graphics when they were new. Good luck, I'm looking forward to watching your progress. Keep us posted.

Picture 075.jpg

It's a 78 FJ40 with 73000 original miles. ...

... Also going to pick up a running 2F from Tim Hill this weekend.

What is wrong with the original motor? At that mileage, if nothing else should be a great core and may not take much to repair?

Oh man you sold the Hilux? Damn... that was a nice rig. Hope you got good money for it. Did it stay in AZ?

Looking forward to the build on the 40...

Is that for real?

Just take a drive to Specter in CA. Marv has one. From what I read there were 50 of them made using a BJ70 as a base. Toyota have a custom shop build them in Japan. All RHD and diesel. I wonder how many of these would have sold if Toyota had imported a LHD version here.

Look at my post above murf's for a link to Marv's PX10

What is wrong with the original motor? At that mileage, if nothing else should be a great core and may not take much to repair?
When we called Tim to price out the items we needed to make our motor whole again, he said he had a running complete motor for only a couple hundred more. Decided to take a motor that is known good instead of spending money on the parts for a motor we didn't know ran.

@msahr: the guy that bought it said he was going to take it back to the midwest :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom