Front wiper motor plastic gear broken, rendering wipers useless. aftermarket options? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Saw a thread awhile ago from a member who used a Porsche 911 3.2 motor, but it went nowhere after another member asked for part#, year etc. etc. any options or help is appreciated. Snow/rain here, can’t drive it without wipers.

good used wiper motor?
the plugs changed thru the years, so year is important.
there is this guy over in Helena who has several on the shelf.

how is the linkage going across, is there lots of play?

good used wiper motor?

good used wiper motor?

Thx for reply. Great to know there may be a replacement avail. In Helena. The plug match would be a plus, but I considered rewiring if there happened to be a better replacement out there. Great question about the linkage, it was essentially hammered. The middle linkage grommet was gone and the linkage that attaches to the motor was really sloppy. I originally welded up just the grommets from a 4 runner to the existing linkage measurements, but in the end, it was eyeballed and I was concerned with function, and just bought a replacement. If you happen to have the Helena contact, I will peruse, but I’m trying to keep the cost low and folks are asking a premium for those things, hence the search for a motor that might be readily avail. And or a wee bit better power. I am a big fan of keeping it orig as possible. Take good care and much thanks for the reply.

I just had to swap a wiper motor in my FJ62 and had one from a 60, I was in a pinch so I had to cut both connectors off since they didn't match, but they should all be the same 4-wire setup

I want to investigate using a later Toyota motor, they have the same attachment to the linkage, just need to figure out the mounting. FJ80, 4runner, tacoma, camry etc all look a lot more similar to each other

@Framer56 it's me with the parts.
so did you end up with a new linkage assembly?

3_puppies is your source for a good replacement motor.

Grommets are available for the linkage.

Also, on Trail Tailor site, there are clips to fix worn linkage.

Also, new linkage is available from Toyota.

I'll PM you my #

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom