Front Wiper Motor Access (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The nut that attatches the motor shaft to the wiper linkage was so loose it fell off. I can see no easy way to access the nut with the motor installed so I can secure the motor to the linkage. This is on a 97. Any suggestions ideas or previous experience is appreciated.

I am not sure what are you asking, but why you don't just go ahead and remove the motor, put the linkage back on, get a new nut, and re-install? I am a one banana guy and this is a 30 minute job.

The problem is you can't get a wrench on the nut to attatch the motor to the linkage. I removed the wipers and the motor as well as the hood and the cowl cover, still no access.

I just did this yesterday. You will have to remove the wiper arms, remove the 2 sets of three bolts holding the wiper linkage to the body, remove the 4 wiper motor mounting bolts. Once everything is unbolted you can pull the motor with linkage attached back far enough to remove the nut and then tap off the plate mounted to the wiper motor. set the motor aside. If you need to, the linkage is then removed from the driver's side. Use a magnet to retrieve nut if you can't reach it.

Thanks MSG. It's a shame they couldn't put an access hole in the cowl it would be soo much easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom