Front spacers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm considering Slees front spacers ; the 1.5" 2 pc units . I looked at the installation instructions and it states that they're "*not recommended for use without replacement front control arm to correct for steering geometry and drive line angles*" .

Is this advice only in regards to the big lifts ? I only have the light OME coils up front . I was hoping that these spacers + the castor correction bushings might be all I need to level out the truck and improve handling . I always had a nosedown attitude with the OME light/fr-medium/rear , but now with the jumpseats out , it's more pronounced .

Thanks ,

Tyler

T-

I believe that reference was made due to the fact that 1.5 inches takes the font lift up past what the OME caster bushings are designed to correct for. At the time Christo's arms were the only bolt-on that had more caster.

D-

Hello Tyler: by taking the truck up 1.5 inches you will effect the caster angle and this can (not every truck responds the same) create wandering, and a lighter steering feel. It can also effect the drive line enough that a vibration can be felt. Each truck I have done is a little different and the drivers of these truck have varing sensitivity to their trucks. It sounds like you currently have no castor bushing in, hence a driveability compalint, if you go higher with out the bushing you will have big problem on your hands. after you put the bushing in and then lift the front more your truck may handle simliary to what your truck is handleing like now (or before the bushing). So you would be back to square one, on the handleing issue, plush you may have to invest in a front drive line to boot. hopes this helps later robbie

Hey Robbie, what you doing on here now :) Must be that new computer.

As for Tyler, you need to get the caster measured. Doesn't matter how many times you ask the question, the answer is still the same. :) From measuring a lot of different configurations one can use the rule of thumb that you loose a degree of caster for every 1" you go up on the front.

Also, see CDan's post about his caster measurements some time ago.

[quote author=sleeoffroad link=board=2;threadid=9575;start=msg84025#msg84025 date=1073159218]
Hey Robbie, what you doing on here now :) [/quote]

You must not be keeping him busy enough. He bored. :flipoff2: :D :D :D

[quote author=sleeoffroad link=board=2;threadid=9575;start=msg84025#msg84025 date=1073159218]
As for Tyler, you need to get the caster measured. [/quote]

:slap: . I need a smack ! I remembered after CDan answered that I still needed to get to the shop to get that measurement for you . I've got 4 days off coming up tomorrow soooo ... :banana:

Talk atcha after I get the castor measured ...

Thanx

Yea a computer that works (do not know for how long), time on my hands taking care of the kid at home. just thought I might be able to create some havoc or is that add my coments to what is going on from time to time. Maybe learn some new things. yes even make some new friends. now I will just have to guess as to some of these people are due to the fun labels some have. Yes great holidays, best wishes for all. robbie

Robbie,
C-Dan holds the cards (pardon the pun) to who everyone is. He knows names, phone numbers, and addresses. He's also getting his dogs fed pretty well just from the "gratuities" he gets for keeping real identities secret.

FYI, sleeoffroad = Christo :D

-B-

FWIW i ran J's front and rear with caster bushings and a new slee CV driveline up front. I actually had roughly 2 inches of spacers up front as well and i didnt mind the drive or steering. best bet is whats been said and i am all for a good caster but 0* caster on my 80 is way different than 0* caster on my 40.......... FWIW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom