Front lower lip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone happen to know if the lower middle lip comes out? It looks like a separate piece but I haven't had a chance to get under it yet

Looking for a bit more room to possibly place the ARB recovery points.

Btw, here's my new to me TLC150

Yes, it does I took mine out. You do have to re attache the lower plastic spoiler to the aluminum front bumper. Or leave it off all together. You will see what I am talking about it when you look under.

Very nice.
Just do a steel bumper and winch and call it done!! :hillbilly:

Definitely comes off, it's held in place with a bunch of plastic clips. Take it on some rocky trails and you won't have to worry about removing it, it'll come off on it's own

There are tabs that insert through the slot (where the zip tie is going through in the picture). Behind the bumper are some plastic clips that slide cross ways through a hole in the tab and lock it in place.

I am going to look at removing this soon, so that it is not ripped off. Thanks for the replies.

View attachment 1913901
It is pretty easy but may not be enough if you are planning on some serious off roading. R2M idea may be a better choice.
Awesome. Thanks for the picture. Was kinda wondering what it would look like. Yes I agree with you and R2M, and that probably is the end game. But being the daily / wife's truck, she might not go for it. Plus I really want to get a bumper for the 200 first. Ill have to see. Just was seeing if I could get better access to the recovery points at least for now.

Finally got around to taking mine off, also because I damaged it a bit.

What did you do with the piece in the middle hanging down? Also I just zip tied the sides since they were a bit loose after removing the middle. Just to keep it from flapping and or rubbing on the tires. Just curious what others did. Thanks again.

IMG_0794E.jpg

IMG_0798.JPEG

Careful, it's a slippery slope from just taking one little item off our vehicle and it becoming a all out expedition vehicle!!!

Careful, it's a slippery slope from just taking one little item off our vehicle and it becoming a all out expedition vehicle!!!
Oh I know. Believe me. This is my fourth Land Cruiser. Also I am hoping and testing of these will fit and have clearence.

8A839691-5916-4675-97B6-325505715FC9.jpeg

Interested to see how this comes out. I have mine going in on Friday for a matte black wrap on that piece. While I'd like to remove it for aesthetics, the items you've shown keep me from doing so. Hopefully the dark wrap will give the appearance it's gone.

Please share how those ARB recovery points fit. I'm not planning on an aftermarket bumper quite yet, but would like some better recovery points in the front.

Please share how those ARB recovery points fit. I'm not planning on an aftermarket bumper quite yet, but would like some better recovery points in the front.
I will try to get them on this weekend and report back. However, looking at the instructions, it will not be as easy or fast as the 200. I will probably not being going full bumper any time soon either since this is the Mrs truck. I have to slowly work her up to things like that. But yeah like you I still wanted some sturdy recovery points in the front to use just in case.

IMG_0797.JPEG

Hmmmm. Looking at the instructions that came with it now. I may not get to it this weekend. For the fj and prado 150 it's calling to remove the grille and lower bumper.

Obviously there is no instructions for the Lexus. I'll keep looking at it. But I fly out of town for L.A. Sunday night, and don't think the wife would like it if I didn't get the bumper put back on. Lol

Hmmmm. Looking at the instructions that came with it now. I may not get to it this weekend. For the fj and prado 150 it's calling to remove the grille and lower bumper.

Obviously there is no instructions for the Lexus. I'll keep looking at it. But I fly out of town for L.A. Sunday night, and don't think the wife would like it if I didn't get the bumper put back on. Lol
Take a look at the GX 460 Manuals thread that I had asked to be permanently posted with the picture thread.
GX 460 Manuals
There's a FSM in there!

Finally got around to taking mine off, also because I damaged it a bit.

What did you do with the piece in the middle hanging down? Also I just zip tied the sides since they were a bit loose after removing the middle. Just to keep it from flapping and or rubbing on the tires. Just curious what others did. Thanks again.

View attachment 1930909

View attachment 1930910
Reviving an ancient thread but what is in that red box that hangs down? Is it just plastic that can be removed?

Reviving an ancient thread but what is in that red box that hangs down? Is it just plastic that can be removed?

It's an air dam that diverts air up into the radiator. You can remove it if you like, but there are three metal brackets behind it that also need removing if you do. They're just riveted on, and you just take a hammer to them and they'll come out.

IMG_5349.jpg

It's an air dam that diverts air up into the radiator. You can remove it if you like, but there are three metal brackets behind it that also need removing if you do. They're just riveted on, and you just take a hammer to them and they'll come out.

View attachment 3530884

Thank you so much! Nice to see with it removed before I begin taking parts off, and good to know about the brackets. Again thank you!

Thank you so much! Nice to see with it removed before I begin taking parts off, and good to know about the brackets. Again thank you!
Mine will be coming off next week along with some minor bumper trimming. When you remove the air dam then you expose the AC Condenser which is something I didn't want to do without a plate in front to protect it.

It just came in yesterday, I went with Go North Offroad you can contact them on Facebook to order it. I went with stainless and powder coated black

53459074311_236e9baed2_b.jpg

All in it was ~$170 delivered. Most people skip the powder coat as in the picture above but I want more of a stealth look.

NYTP also offers one

Render.53.jpg

However it is twice as much.

Here is a video of a mechanic working on a damaged front end if you want a good visual.

It is a good explanation of how the air dam and brackets work more as a damage multiplier if you impact the front end off road. Although that is not his intent he is more an OEM type guy. Which most full time mechanics are.

that looks cool! to bad i smashed the support brackets at pismo beach. do they plan on selling a version that can attach directly to the stock aluminum bumper?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom