Front Grill / Valance Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Folks,

I bought a wrecked 1996 Land Cruiser and I'm piecing the front end back together and I have a couple questions. To start,I would like the older "TOYOTA" style grill, and I would like the proper lower bumper filler / valance to match that style.

This Valance appears to fit 91-97 Land Cruisers, so I assume this would have the gap that folks about between the grill and valance?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bumper-Filler-For-91-97-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-w-turn-signal-holes-/371006388785

Looking at Toyota OEM parts, it looks like 96 & 93 share the same Valance part number 53903B, which seems weird if they are supposibly different fitment to the grill?

Where is the best place to buy this stuff? Ebay, OEM?

I haven't dug into the manual yet, is there an installation order for the radiator, AC condenser, & ATF Cooler?

I want to go with an aftermarket winch bumper, likely a weld you own style. Since the DS Frame is a hair tweaked, so I thought after the body shop was done massaging that area a weld together style might be best incase everything isn't perfectly square again. I would be up for any suggestions.

If anyone has some of these parts and wants to sell, LMK!
- Earlier Grill
- Lower Valance / Bumper filler
- DS - PS Valance Turn Signals
- Coolant overflow bottle
- Mounting clips / hardware for above parts

FJ80 Front.jpg

Random pic since pics are fun.

Last edited:
I have several older Toyota grilles. PM me and we can talk details. I might have some of the turn signals too. No valence though

The valances may have the same part number but they are not the same. If you use a 95-97 valance on a Toyota name plate grille, you will have a larger gap.

Look into a Delta front bumper. It ditches the lower valance and turn signals, only bumper I'm aware of that does. Your half way there with removing parts, Need 35's or larger or it looks a bit bulky IMO tho but includes a winch mount and more. If not your thing I have all parts from a 97' green, but the overflow, but may look at relocating one lower out of site so can maybe part with it also. Money talks, you pay shipping. PM if serious and I can get pictures,

The valances may have the same part number but they are not the same. If you use a 95-97 valance on a Toyota name plate grille, you will have a larger gap.

I don't understand how to order the one I need then. It appears that even through Toyota OEM that they are the same part number.

Look into a Delta front bumper. It ditches the lower valance and turn signals, only bumper I'm aware of that does. Your half way there with removing parts, Need 35's or larger or it looks a bit bulky IMO tho but includes a winch mount and more. If not your thing I have all parts from a 97' green, but the overflow, but may look at relocating one lower out of site so can maybe part with it also. Money talks, you pay shipping. PM if serious and I can get pictures,

Thanks thats a good tip, I will check them out. I'm sitting on 33's now, but maybe I can do some searching and find some pics on 33's to make sure it doesn't get too bulky or front heavy looking.

You can buy the grill and valance still from Toyota for the older style.

Cheers

I tried getting the Valance from Toyota and it looks to me like all the years are the same OEM part number?! Any idea what part number I should be ordering for the old valance?

If you want used, your best bet would be buying a used one from someone like @slow95z that can verify it came off the correct year. I would not trust an aftermarket one off Ebay or Amazon.

If you want new, it appears that there are still two part numbers when I look it up from Megazip.

53903-60010 is '91-'94 and 53903-60030 is '95-'97. $183 + shipping from McGeorge Toyota.

Guess what... I have a white one with the toyota grille I just picked up to part out. Wouldn't even need to paint

If you want used, your best bet would be buying a used one from someone like @slow95z that can verify it came off the correct year. I would not trust an aftermarket one off Ebay or Amazon.

If you want new, it appears that there are still two part numbers when I look it up from Megazip.

53903-60010 is '91-'94 and 53903-60030 is '95-'97. $183 + shipping from McGeorge Toyota.
D'OH, I was looking at the schematic that only listed the 53903#, not the full dash number. Thank you :steer:

Guess what... I have a white one with the toyota grille I just picked up to part out. Wouldn't even need to paint

Sent you a PM

This was the old style Delta, the new "model" mounts below the turn signals. You can have them custom make it so it sits above or, as you indicated, they sell the kit so you can weld it up anyway you want.

This was the old style Delta, the new "model" mounts below the turn signals. You can have them custom make it so it sits above or, as you indicated, they sell the kit so you can weld it up anyway you want.
?? Hope not, this is why I bought it and in the middle of getting a second... Now you got me wondering.
1620147682263.png

Delta design has not changed. You remove the lower valance for their front bumpers. They dont do weld-it-yourself, that would be a labs bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom