Front Driveshaft removal...F'in thing is stuck at the xfer case (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey fellas,

I decided to drop my front driveshaft to isolate a noise/vibration, and to go ahead and swap the front ujoints. I got all the hardware removed, and the diff side just dropped all niceynicey, but i can not for the life of me get the xfer side out.

As with everything on this truck, it took some pb blaster and heat to get all the 14mm taken off. ( i will still kneecap the PO's kid if i ever see him again). LOL

Any tips on what im doin wrong to remove it? I've tried a little prybar action, but i dont want to bugger up the xfer case.

Thanks

C

If you have the 7pin mod, you could lock the center diff and drive around in 2WD with either the front or back driveshaft. I did this when I was searching for some uncomfortable vibrations coming from the driveline. Turns out when I corrected my caster, my factory driveshaft couldn't handle the angles. I had to install a custom double carden driveshaft ($300) for the extra flex. Driveline has been smooth ever since.

Just take it for a drive..... it will eventually "pop" off

;)

Between the heat and my wonky shoulder, I didnt bother dropping the rear shaft.. I tried PB blaster and heat on the first nut, and the 94 degree heat got me. oh well, projects for other days

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom